Forums

Help › Forums

The Truth About "Loop"

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 6 2012 4:18 PM (3 replies)
  • godelescher
    636 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 4:15 PM

Be honest with me. Turning off loop doesn't really do anything at all, right?

As far as I can tell, it serves no purpose whatsoever (kind of like the "pause" button on my keyboard, or Paris Hilton).

Will someone in the know kindly explain to me why I do this religiously?

• althemaninont
    20 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 4:18 PM

I guess because every body else does it..LOL

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 4:41 PM

godelescher:

Be honest with me. Turning off loop doesn't really do anything at all, right?

As far as I can tell, it serves no purpose whatsoever (kind of like the "pause" button on my keyboard, or Paris Hilton).

Will someone in the know kindly explain to me why I do this religiously?

I'm not sure what loop actually does or is supposed to do but I do know turning it off makes all aspects of WGT load faster. Don't believe it load your profile from the game client window with loop on and off and you will see the difference. The profile page loads about twice as fast with loop off.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2012 6:08 AM

Turning loop off does nothing for me.
    It is supposed to stop Flash looping...  

eg; animated water or ambient background sounds.
    Turn it off and you still get animated water and the background sounds dont stop. 
    I suspect the flash code that WGT dev has written has Loop on permanent

I have all my WGT settings up high...Have a large friends list, use Avatar Angles, Putting Grid - always on, etc etc

The only thing i disable is the Lessons Button

and RARELY get a meter glitch.

Update your network drivers, clear all your Cache , Cookies and History before starting a new days play and stick to a dedicated browser for WGT, I suggest Google Chrome

godelescher:
    it serves no purpose whatsoever (kind of like the "pause" button on my keyboard

Next time your computer boots and it is scrolling through the POST screen (black & white DOS area)  press your 'pause' button. You will actualyl get a chance to read that info :)

Press ESC to continue.

The pause button was intended exactly for that, Pausing a DOS window.

godelescher:
    Paris Hilton

You are correct on that one though.

RSS