Forums

Help › Forums

how do i use lines and dots on greens

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 7 2012 7:00 PM (3 replies)
  • BuzzBait53
    8 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2012 1:02 PM

Ireally would like to improve my putting ,tired of first put stopping 2-6inches from hole all the time.If i could learn how to use the lines and dots on the greens maybe i could hit alot more birdies...any sugestions...thanx.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2012 5:34 PM

hi

give this a read. it should answer all your questions.

-wgticon

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2012 6:59 PM

look over here >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jan 7 2012 7:00 PM

WGTicon:

hi

give this a read. it should answer all your questions.

-wgticon

Icon has directed you a very good post... Read it, then read it again and again.

When putting...look at the reverse view... this gives a truer picture at what is happening with the dots, sometimes they go in another direction or even slower than the normal view.

In the reverse view, their is a line that goes to the hole(most of the time)...your ball will be sitting on either side of this line... aim you shot where the ball is sitting... eg.. the ball is sitting on the left hand side of the line, depending how fast the dots are moving on that side, that's where you aim your shot.

Don't forget to change back to normal view when you Putt.  Some people will putt in reverse view... I'm a miss the ding putter(that's another story)... so I have to change back to normal view to putt.

Read that post that Icon directed you to... Once you have the Distance worked out then the direction will fall into place with heaps of practice.

Also, when I first started... I worked on the 2 putting every green...after awhile that first putt started to go in.

Good Luck

Roger

RSS