Forums

Help › Forums

How is this possible?

Wed, Jan 11 2012 10:13 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Oovassyest
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 11:34 AM

How can a wgt golfer be almost at level 50 with an average score of 62 and still be at the amateur tier?  I've seen this quite a bit.   I went up to the master tier when my average dipped below 67, at about level 48.  It must be quite an advantage to enter tournaments at the amateur level when you routinely shoot in the low 60's.  How is this cyber-sandbagging possible?

• Sinistem
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 1:04 PM

I've been pondering this myself, but in the end I don't really care... they're probably not real golfers anyway, just gamers...they'll get bored eventually and go back to playing their donkey-kong or pac-man or whatever...

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 1:42 PM

Oovassyest:

How can a wgt golfer be almost at level 50 with an average score of 62 and still be at the amateur tier?  I've seen this quite a bit.   I went up to the master tier when my average dipped below 67, at about level 48.  It must be quite an advantage to enter tournaments at the amateur level when you routinely shoot in the low 60's.  How is this cyber-sandbagging possible?

He may not have enough rounds in to qualify for a tier progression.   Tiers are not solely based on an average but also include a predetermined amount of ranked rounds.  

Cheers,

b0gey

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 2:29 PM

Oovassyest:

WGT cannot possibly monitor every players activity!!!

If you suspect a player of sandbagging or multi-accounting you should email members@worldgolftour.com with the specifics and why you think they are doing what you suspect! I can testify that while they may take a little while to get to it, THEY WILL investigate and take the appropriate actions.

I have seen it done!

• Sinistem
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 8:43 PM

DannyPhan:

WGT cannot possibly monitor every players activity!!!

If you suspect a player of sandbagging or multi-accounting you should email members@worldgolftour.com with the specifics and why you think they are doing what you suspect! I can testify that while they may take a little while to get to it, THEY WILL investigate and take the appropriate actions.

I have seen it done!

Wow really?

I wouldn't bother with these peeps myself, but I guess I'd be upset if  my $ were involved...

Good to know WGT investigates this kind of thing.

Sin

• Courtney01
    912 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 9:04 PM

OMG Stop crying about Sandbagers.

say what you want but no where in the trems and conditions does it say a player can not sand bag. Iv seen a level 79 Amature , Its easy to look up as his name is on the first page.. All you can do is avoid playing them for credits, Players like this will avoid RG's as this will drop there avarage rather Quickly and move them up to tiers where they cant hit from. So cry all you want you can Not stop Sandbagging if its not Against the rules. Multi accounts on the other hand is. So only a player who is sandbagging and has another account best watch out.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 9:31 PM

Courtney01:
    Multi accounts on the other hand is. So only a player who is sandbagging and has another account best watch out.

That's the thing C (I can call ya C, we almost finished a blitz game this morning:) )I'd be willing to bet the majority of the high level Hacks and Ams know how to "game" the system, from their previous account on WGT

• Courtney01
    912 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 10:05 PM

MBaggese:

That's the thing C (I can call ya C, we almost finished a blitz game this morning:) )I'd be willing to bet the majority of the high level Hacks and Ams know how to "game" the system, from their previous account on WGT

Lol yes you can, rather sad that there are players who fear longer tees, but nothing  anyone can do, and do wish those who have an issue with it would rather stop playing them or just grim and bear the Beating they going to get ha ha ha

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 11:10 PM

I normally don't say much about multi-accounters but I would think they would have the tools to catch them quite easily.

1. If a IP is static they could cross reference with other members to check if there is a match. If there is a match, then check to see if one of the accounts has been closed.
    2. Credit card information utilizing the last name and cross referencing would be another way to find multi-accounters.

The current progression of a player if one is new to this game requires alot of practice.  Thus,  number of points, average and number of rounds are taken into account before moving up a tier.  However, IMO, match play, should also be taken into account.  Alt-shot would be more difficult to implement for tier advancement as alot of other factors would need to be considered.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 11:52 PM

in my mind if i dont play for $$$$  i dont care much for players that find a way to abuse this game ,they are not good enough to persevire and enjoy this game the way it was ment to be played ,excuse bad english ,my mind set is to have fun ALT game is giving me that and a way to meet great players,make friends ,,,,,if you are an Amateur and scored a 60 round good for you ,i have has much plaisure finishing a 18 holes on a stormy day ,with a 63 wen i gave it all the best i had at that moment .So there will be Mult Acc  and sand B  here so what ,,,,,,,they cant have what i have ..and soon they all get borred or get tired ,or just give up ,,the good one on this site are staying,because like me they like this game .....now i am a litle drunk i will read this tomorow and again say to myself what was i thinking ,,,,

• PAGES
RSS