Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Belt World Champion Knock-Out

Tue, Jul 6 2010 11:50 PM (67 replies)
  • vabighack
    463 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 3:24 PM

I got on line at 10pm last night and off line at 11:20 pm.  The first time I saw any message was at 6:20pm  today and it stated, "sorry I haven't been around, can we play now" or something to that effect.   I did not see pigkiller on line last night but he could have been. I will be on line tonight maybe we can play then.  I am in the  eastern time zone.

• vabighack
    463 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 7:45 PM

Ellis, pigkiller and I finally got to play tonight.  he played very well and I lost 2 down.   He' s a great guy to play with and I enjoyed the match.   I wish him good luck in the rest of his matches...we played the back 9 at St. Andrews

• pigkiller
    173 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2010 8:07 PM

wow... what a great match,we got to play at last sorry again for the huge delay.  

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 12:39 PM

Epic match between the Tater and me.  Matched birdie for birdie until he lipped a putt on 15.  He had the pressure on on 18 and went a tad long trying to hole shot out with me on 1.5 from pin.  Great playing with you Michael.  A formidable opponent and solid guy.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 9:30 AM

A very good match with Chuckiee on back 9 St Andrews.  We both played very well and had birds on every hole except the 11th and the match was much closer than the score indicated, chuckiee was unlucky with a few putts and that was the difference really.  Better luck next time chuckiee, thanks for a very enjoyable game.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 10:24 AM

Well, here's hoping that this gets though the mass of Oakmont thread there are today.

The deadline for round 2 has now passed. 1 match has not been played, and I am going to follow up on those 2 players to see what happened. In the meantime, here is the draw for the semi-finals:

Jakestanfill7 V TBD

Coolswing V Gladstonescrewer

Now, taking in the fact that many of you are going to either be playing the US Open/British Open, and/or WMPL Playoffs in the coming weeks, I am going to make the deadline for this tourney to finish the end of the month. In other words, no rush.

Same rules as before, choose the course and specs between yourselves. If you can't decide, then I think some ranked Oakmont front 9 in match play can fit the bill nicely.

Good luck everyone, we are close to deciding a world champion!

• Kosei82
    144 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 1:44 PM

Great match w/ pigkiller...birdie fest...all the holes besides one were either tied w/ birdies or won with 'em..Sorry for the delay gents..W/ the time diff. sometimes hard to find each other. Image and video hosting by TinyPic:200:200]

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 8:45 PM

Well nothing has been updated here in quite a while so I assumed that I would be pitted against the formidable Kosei.

What a match.  I got Aaron 1 up with a birdie on the last.  Total birdie fest and a hotly contested match.

On to the final.  :)

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:17 AM

Oops, sorry about that. Thought I'd updated it!

Well done Jake on winning your match. You will now play the winner of Coolswing and Gladstonescrewer in the final...

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:51 AM

Gladstonescrewer & coolswing may be playing our match friday 

RSS