Help › Forums

This resolved my Meter problems

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 14 2012 4:44 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 10:07 AM

In the FWIT department I think the majority of the meter problems are twofold.

In my own experience Flash is a WELL KNOWN memory and CPU bandwidth hog!

Combine that with an inferior mouse and you have a recipe for meter failure.

I have been fighting meter issues since I started here same as the rest of you. It comes and goes, no pattern, can't get it to stabilize.

I had been using a Logitech wireless programmable mouse for years (Even played World of Warcraft and Call of Duty with no problems) so I thought try a wired mouse, no luck.

So here is the issue as I have come to understand it.

The polling rate on the mouse and the CPU bandwidth required by flash create a conflict and the result is a jittery meter. 

The solution for me was $35 Logitech gaming mouse, the G400 and Logitech Gaming software.

I have the mouse setup in the software for 400DPI resolution and the polling rate set to 1000.

I have been using this mouse for almost 2 weeks now and have not had a single meter issue.

Not saying this would solve all the meter issues but it is one thing to look into.

And yes I do clear the cache, use Comodo exclusively for WGT, use Game Booster, close other browser windows, etc.....

and it was the Mouse that finally resolved my issues. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 10:09 AM

My 2 year old $19 Windows mouse got a kick out of that.  :-)

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 10:38 AM

YankeeJim:

My 2 year old $19 Windows mouse got a kick out of that.  :-)

So did my free with cpu one too.  I have $30 mouse that i keep on my studio cpu for my work, i use "free, made in china not even a make on it" on different cpu to play wgt, after reading this i used the expensive mouse i have.  Guess what?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just the same.  And i'm not going to wreck the $30 one with an allmighty bang (click) when i'm late pressing on my swing.  Maybe it needs to be a special gaming mouse.  (but i thought a mouse was a mouse)

But if you feel it works for you, then go for it. Glad its solved the issue.  Usually if i give my cpu desk a kick when i'm on top of my swing i usually get a smooth meter.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 11:35 AM

chrisironsbones:

Usually if i give my cpu desk a kick when i'm on top of my swing i usually get a smooth meter.

Tried that as well but forgot I was barefoot and broke my little toe. LOL

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 2:12 AM

Wired mouse will always oupeform wireless in gaming

BLUETOOTH mouse is USELESS in gaming.

• 1goodgolfer
    221 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 1:25 PM

Really....mine works just fine. Logitech M510.

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 1:31 PM

The mouse would be bottom of any list of possible causes of meter problems

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 3:47 PM

I don't get many problems with the meter and all i use is a wired mouse i bought from my local 99pence store

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:25 PM

YankeeJim:
    My 2 year old $19 Windows mouse got a kick out of that.

So did my four year old wired, $10.00 Walmart "mi" mouse. : )

DannyPhan:
    The solution for me was $35 Logitech gaming mouse, the G400 and Logitech Gaming software.

That's fantastic Danny, and a good piece of information for maybe a few others, but everyone's meter stutter is caused by one of a hundred issues as you may know. Someone may have a good mouse, but lack high latency RAM, etc., etc.

You are certainly right about flash being a CPU resource hog. The best way to free-up resources is to start trimming unwanted features in Windows. Its a good place to start for people looking to smooth-out their meter.

Its sad that people have to take these measures to achieve a playable meter, but flash is the platform that WGT chose to build their game on.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2012 4:29 PM

Steve442:

The mouse would be bottom of any list of possible causes of meter problems

YET, as I said it resolved it for me!

Didn't say it was everybody's problem just that that what FIXED mine.

• PAGES
RSS