Help › Forums

When WGT?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 15 2012 10:49 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • NNgrim
    42 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 7:28 AM

Back to the original point.... all this was caused when WGT created the Level/Tier system. I know it's good for making them money, but as far as fairness and game play? It was a bad idea when they did it and it's still a bad idea for this very reason.

It not only makes sandbagging easy, it encourages it. Even in the instance when a player isn't intentionally sandbagging, the perception is still there. I've played with Pros who use the same R9 driver as me and they bang it 50 yards past me and in the end, I still win because they are wild... but the perception is still there that they have an unfair advantage. Then again, I've played against the "Hacks" who are ringers, and are unbeatable.

It's one thing if you play  for funsies, but these guys are running wild in the credit games....

There are experienced players who open up a new account, then blaze up the levels while keeping their tier low. it doesnt take long to start winning credit games and before long they have the best available equipment... paid for by suckers in challenge games.

Im sure WGT loves this because they are making a killing selling more credits to players. I have to believe this was their plan all along, because even if they weren't wise enough to see this coming, the fix is simple and could have been corrected at any time...

As previously mentioned you can make everyone play from the same tees, but then you lose the competiveness when you are legitimately playing people from different tiers... however, the real fix it to tie equipment to tee boxes..... specifically drivers, since thats the biggest problem maker.... A 230ish driver should be max for amateurs, a 250ish should be max for pros, and the 270s and above should be only for masters and legends. That simple implementation would fix most of the problems.

• slillico
    393 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 10:49 AM

NNgrim:
    A 230ish driver should be max for amateurs, a 250ish should be max for pros, and the 270s and above should be only for masters and legends. That simple implementation would fix most of the problems.

A good idea and the software already looks to allow this, however it's like the golf store closing the store to certain customers and is not likely going to happen.

WGT is a business to make money, money, money, and more money, and who can blame them.

You complain about sandbagging, Wgt sees money.

You complain about double and multiple accounts,Wgt sees money.

You complain about equipment and levels and tiers, Wgt sees money.

You complain about challenge matches not being fair, Wgt sees money.

You complain about skins glitches, Wgt sees a boat load of free money.

As a TM before i play a challenge match I ask myself, can I beat this Legend with level 52 equipment playing from the pro tees, if the answer is no, I don't play.

It's the simplest solution, rely on yourself to be the self censor, WGT is not about to blow their profits out the window  and start deleting a million accounts to keep but a few whiners happy.

• PAGES
RSS