Forums

Help › Forums

tournaments brackets

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 18 2012 8:33 PM (5 replies)
  • stevenjack
    71 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 6:29 AM

hey everyone  !!   does anyone know if you can post tournament brackets in the  cc  post forum ? would be a nice feature for club member tournaments.   post the filled out bracket....update it as the tourney proceeds.   I see there is a link to post from word, i am having no luck..    thx stevenjack

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 8:07 AM

hi

you can make brackets via google docs or other such software and link them to CC forum post. for an example, you can check 1 of several community organized tournaments links (in that forum).

-wgticon

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 5:53 PM

Use a Google documents spreadsheet; it's free and easy to share on the Web. Post a link in the forum (open the doc to editing by all). Here's an old one from a match play tournament at my cc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai3lt1I_2AXhdDZURS13T2pRWWJ0T2hiMG9iOXZkc3c

• stevenjack
    71 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 9:27 PM

HEY LEON.   I  Checked google spread sheet .just what I was hunting for !    thankyou very much !!!!!    

• stevenjack
    71 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 8:04 PM

hello leon..I need help.....I went to google doc's  made my brackets out....wrote down the complete link...........went to my cc and did a post in cc forum...typed in all the letters[a whole bunch of them]   from the link at google doc's.   posted the message.....it posted all letters and numbers ......but not as a link to get to google doc's. what am i doing wrong ??   any help would be extremely appreictated. !!!!!     steve

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2012 8:33 PM

Open the document                  

Click on "Share" in the upper right corner

Next to "private" click "change"

Click "anyone with the link" (under "edit access," click box if you want it open for editing by everyone)

Save, then COPY the link 

Then, in the forum post, type "tournament brackets" or whatever to signify the link

Highlight the text and click on the link button in the center of the menu bar (where B, I, U etc, are) and PASTE the link there

RSS