Forums

Help › Forums

New Awards - Some Suggestions

Fri, Jan 15 2010 6:03 PM (6 replies)
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:28 PM

Good Afternoon All...

I like the Awards.  They pop up in an entertaining way at times throughout our travels around the courses and overall I like the entertainment they add to the game.

Does the Awards Sound Effect remind anyone else of the THWoooONG sound effect from the old "A Current Affair" television show?  To me, not identical but reminiscent.

Anyhow...I thought up some new Awards.  Some of these are serious - some of them are funny - some of them almost border on insulting (similar to the way "Ham and Eggs" seems to almost scoff at the recipient in a way that suggests "YOU $%&*&#$ED UP SO MANY TIMES AND SAVED YOUR OWN *SS THAT YOU GET THIS AWARD!").

So here is My List of suggestions.

(All would have the normal progression of Tin through Diamond - Award Levels to be determined by WGT)

1.  Western Omelette Award (A sibling to Ham and Eggs)

Saving Par without ever playing from the Fairway.  (Not applicable to Par 3s)

2.  The Textbook Award

Executing an entire round in EXACT "textbook" Regulation Fashion.  No Birdies or Bogeys permitted.  A..  All drives end in Fairway (or Green if Par 3)  B.  Green In Regulation on EVERY HOLE.  C.  2 putts on EVERY GREEN.  (It is a "given" that Final score would EQUAL PAR for this award).  In short - a round executed PERFECTLY in regulation - as if taught in a school textbook - hence its name.  (Some of the Higher Tier players could "have fun" trying to "dumb down" their games to attain this award.  MIGHT offer an option to receive it for PRACTICE rounds in order for players to preserve their averages yet still acquire it).

3.  Davey Jones Locker Award

Bascially a "Lifetime Count" of lost balls - due to either water (hence the name of the award) OR Out of Bounds.

4.  The Mosquito Award

A more "social" award - like the Socialite.  Would be awarded to WGT Members based on the number of Forum Posts WGT Staff have to either delete or lock to maintain order in the community.  (EXCLUDED from this would be Forum SPAMmers or any other completely deactivated WGT Member - it is for active valid members only).

5.  Mulch Madness

Saving Par after an encounter with Mulch.  Similar Awards might be developed to apply to "Long Weeds" or (a recent discovery) "Dirt".  (I have not yet stumbled into a "Gravel" lie but I am sure it is someone's evil mind at WGT World HQ.)

6.  Fabulous 50s Award

Scoring 59 or less for an 18 Hole Round

7.  Roaring 20s Award

Scoring 29 or less for a 9 Hole Round

Let Me know your responses or (Even Better!) if you have Award Ideas of your own.

Best Regards,  AtlantaCoaster

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:37 PM

"The game has screwed me Award" - this would be awarded everytime the swing meter has a stutter or stops, causing an errant shot.

"John Daly Award" - a breathalyzer would need to be connected to your PC first.   The award would be given to a player if their BAC is above the legal limit and the player shoots under par.

"Tiger Woods Award" - given to golfers who crash their golf cart into a tree as they attempt to flee from an enraged spouse.

"Anti-Beast award" - given to players who, due to bad timing and good luck, are able to counteract the effects of the beast by missing on the swing meter in the opposite direction of the beast/deviation, resulting in either a hole out or landing within 1 yard of the hole.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 3:58 PM

A little more inside the box here but would like to see a Hole Out Award for any shot in the cup from off the green.  We track it in stats so it shouldn't be hard to do. 

And not necessarily a new award but would really like to see Holes in One counted on record in match play games.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:07 PM

jakestanfill7:
    Hole Out Award

That's a good suggestion, but you're gonna need a more creative name for it such as the "OMG it didn't bounce off the flagstick" award. =)

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:37 PM

How about

All bark and no bite

Saving par after hitting a tree.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 5:58 PM

The Obama Bail-Out Award for shots into the left bunker on KI 17.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 6:03 PM

And another....

A scorecard with all 4's gets the

Four Play Award

RSS