Forums

Help › Forums

Game gone Hard all of a sudden...or is it me?

Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:16 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mikeh112
    16 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 3:37 PM

Played now for a few months, last few weeks i have been gettin upto 5 birdies per round (and still a couple of bogeys) but mainly finishing even and under par.

However these last few days i have struggled to putt a birdie at all and forever hitting bad shots on approach and on the green!

Has anyone else had this feeling or is it me?

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 9:05 AM

Your score history shows a promo to Tour Pro on or around Jan 3. Longer tees and faster greens explain a lot. I recently went through the same metamorphosis. It's tough. Your average suggests that you are making the adjustment well. Look out. Both of us are approaching another promo. From what I gather from experienced players, the jump to Master is even more daunting.

Good luck.

• bungrocket
    19 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2012 10:57 PM

being master sux the big one, i went from commonly going 4 or 5 under per 9 hole round, got to master, cant sink a putt now

do your self a favour and stay tour pro

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2012 5:25 AM

Mikeh112:
    Has anyone else had this feeling or is it me?

Everybody has had this feeling at one point, Mikeh. Unlike other golf games, this one changes as you progress. It definitely gets harder as you get better, not only by the condition changes that come with tier promotions but also as you improve your shotmaking abilities.

Expect more of the same as you advance. Do not forsake the next tier for fear of the difficulty.6 months  from now you will look back and laugh at this post when you remember how hard it used to be as you post those low 60s in the Legend tier.  ;-)

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2012 8:47 AM

bungrocket:

being master sux the big one, i went from commonly going 4 or 5 under per 9 hole round, got to master, cant sink a putt now

A tour pro??? You want to become a LEGEND.............that's what this game is all about. After you become a LEGEND you work on honing your game so you can become a really good player.  :-))

• Mikeh112
    16 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2012 3:55 PM

I gotta say i dont wanna stick with the  tour pro because its hard!

Since i wrote this post i am back in the groove got the average below70 now.

I think staying at tour pro is crap way of dealing with the difficulty, bring on master level and bring on legend!!

!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 4:39 AM

Mikeh112:
    I think staying at tour pro is crap way of dealing with the difficulty, bring on master level and bring on legend!!

Great attitude. :-)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 5:23 AM

bungrocket:

Worst advice ever

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 7:19 AM

JimbeauC:

Your score history shows a promo to Tour Pro on or around Jan 3. Longer tees and faster greens explain a lot. I recently went through the same metamorphosis. It's tough. Your average suggests that you are making the adjustment well. Look out. Both of us are approaching another promo. From what I gather from experienced players, the jump to Master is even more daunting.

Good luck.

I LOVE reading this kind of enthusiasm. It's so positive. The game is a challenge even as a legend who has played the game for a while....lol. Trust me Jim..lol. BUT, this is what keeps the game exciting and fun to play. Great to here your readiness to step up to the challenge Jim. edge...

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 7:33 AM

hpurey:

bungrocket:

Worst advice ever

Yes, you might get called names, "Sandbagger" is one of them.LOL

Mikeh112:

I gotta say i dont wanna stick with the  tour pro because its hard!

Since i wrote this post i am back in the groove got the average below70 now.

!!

I was the same, didn't enjoy the level change scores go a bit flat, and didn't like the change now im an expert i can look back and chuckle.  (but back in the good old days equipment was unlocked each tier, you newbies dont know how easier this is for you)

• PAGES
RSS