Forums

Help › Forums

Question about breaks on greens

Fri, Jan 20 2012 3:57 PM (3 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 8:31 AM

Never payed a lot of attention to this before, so here it goes.

On the green , any green when putting. When you aim, the line from the putter to the aim arrow if the moving balls stop ( disappear ) and  does not hit the line , does it still affect  the ball .   

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 10:44 AM

hi

the line disappears is to not have lag, you can enable it to be there at all times via options. the reason it does not hit the line is because break takes in effect.

the line is for you only, so it has no effect on the ball after the hit.

-wgticon

• singingjesus
    152 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 3:05 PM

This is a touchy question to phrase and very touchy to answer. If the moving dot disappears under the aim line, it has an effect. The only question left is 'how much'? Experience says 'full force' but sometimes that seems to fail. Faster dots, more effect. Umm, well I'd say the question is, urr, tough . . .

sj 

• senec
    252 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 3:57 PM

Hi,I'm still using a starter putter,and I never use the aim line.I use the aim line for every other shot except the putter.I just aim a lilttle or a lot farther right or left depending on the line and my friends would say I'm a pretty good putter.I get all srewed up when I use the aim line.Would I do better with a more advance putter?Tried it ,rented one and it was worse.Can I get a feedback on this and are there other golfers who putt by instinct the way I do .Thank you.

Senec tour pro 67.2 average.

RSS