Forums

Help › Forums

Sick and tired of you WGT

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:43 PM (36 replies)
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 7:42 AM

Sick & Tired of this game Full Stop! Can i please have a whole round where the wind actualy IS there and effects ball accordingly.

• Kaloke
    232 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 7:55 AM

Richard4168:

mnshiner:
    but look how much money or credits WGT has gotten from folks who don't pay attention to what is going on.

This type of business practice is just short of criminal. I hope WGT will come forward with a statement before things get out of hand for them. This is a serious issue that could cause the California authorities to shutdown WGT for awhile until they sort this out legally.

Just sayin'

adramforall:
    Don't moan about a BETA product that has bugs - these are normal!

I was going to say you make some good points Adram until the last sentence. Its against the law to sell a defective product for monetary gain in the United States. This Skins mess has class-action lawsuit written all over it. I hope this isn't the case, and it is only a few people being affected by the Skins bug on their end. However, I haven't saw many posts stating that players are winning Skins without any bug issues.

Its still perplexing why WGT wouldn't pull the plug on the Skins challenge until there is a fix put in place. It just doesn't look like good business practice, not to mention all the negative feed-back.

Actually they are not responsible. If you read the terms and conditions that you agreed to you will see they have covered themselves from any legal action.

http://www.wgt.com/terms.aspx

*All Beta Tests (Private And Public):

(1) As a beta tester, you are invited to play beta games for the sole purpose of evaluating the games and identifying errors. Nothing in these Terms, or on the Site, shall be construed as granting you any rights or privileges of any kind with respect to the beta games or content that you find here. The beta games are provided for testing on an "as is" "as available" basis and we make no warranty to you of any kind, express or implied.

(2) When playing some beta games, you may accumulate rankings, equipment, or other value or status indicators. This data may be reset at any time during the testing process, and it may be reset when the particular game completes this testing phase. In this case, all player history and data will be erased and each player will return to beginner status.

*(3) By starting a beta game, you agree that: (i) playing beta games is at your own risk and that you know that the games may include known or unknown bugs, (ii) any value or status indicators that you achieve through game play may be erased at any time, (iii) WGT has no obligation to make these games available, (iv) WGT's Terms & Conditions apply to your use of the games during the testing phase, and (v) if it is a private beta test, you will keep all information about the beta games confidential as stated above and not disclose such information to any other person.

(4) Beta Test accounts are non-transferable under any circumstances.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:24 AM

Agreed Kaloke, but it doesn't mean that a trial lawyer won't take-up a class-action lawsuit against WGT, or that legislation would be rewritten into California law to protect consumers from Internet companies.

Terms & Conditions are only binding to a certain point. They aren't meant to be cover for a company to treat their customers as they wish. If this Skins mess persists, WGT is looking at legal trouble, not from me in the least, but from people and lawyers from all over the world.

This is a fact Kaloke. People in this country aren't going to put-up with a company taking advantage of them. And again, I'm just laying out the facts.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:47 AM

SO, how many think it's a coincidence that he lost his money on the last shot on the last hole?

They have their azzes covered with the Beta label. They are scamming and there is no doubt about it, none.

I tried to play that skins and couldn't even get past the 1st hole! FOR FUN! So I'd never lay down credits for that game,,,not worth the risk of it screwing up!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:50 AM

WGT may be bound legally, but how much negative press can they endure, or does it even matter to them? I would think WGT would want to portray themselves as a company that is consistent in good business practices being they are a skill based gaming website for real money.

• bittydog
    623 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 9:13 AM

Richard4168:
     I haven't saw many posts stating that players are winning Skins without any bug issues.

That's because nobody posts about the stuff that works right.  Don't know why but nobody ever does. (Me included). When was the last time you shot a round and then said I'm going to start a thread in the forums about "not having any meter issues and how I got through 18 holes and didn't get booted, ect, ect... see what I mean?

I agree that they should pull the plug on skins games for credits until they get it fixed but until then everybody knows there are problems but they keep on playing anyway. So losing credits when a game crashes is just as much your fault as WGT's because you knew better!!

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 9:23 AM

MBaggese:

Rzbk:
    I'll ask a simple question. Do you know of ANYONE, EVER, who has received any type of answer from members@...com  about questions concerning the problems we suffer here including but not limited to lost credits, lost ball hits, lost ex points, game stopping error messages, etc. etc. etc.

Yes, I have.....

Gotta say, I have also................ME

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 9:51 AM

bittydog:
    So losing credits when a game crashes is just as much your fault as WGT's because you knew better!!

Agreed bittydog. But keep in mind, it's they. I'm only speaking for the people who lost their credits in a Skins challenge game, and asking why WGT refuses to shutdown the Skins challenge format. I haven't played a Skins game to date after reading early-on about all the bugs that are in the Skins game format.

Its always good to see a rare post about someone having a good round. I've said a lot of times this game plays like it's on a disc for me and always offered help to other people to try and achieve that same playability.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 10:10 AM

Richard4168:
    haven't played a Skins game to date after reading early-on about all the bugs that are in the Skins game format.

You live in a state where you can't play for prizes here. 

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 11:59 AM

That's correct Jim. Are you insinuating that the Skins game doesn't have a free version?

Does my state bar me from participating in the free weekly or monthly tournaments, or the CTTH sweepstakes?

RSS