Forums

Help › Forums

improvin game/position!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 24 2012 10:22 AM (3 replies)
  • geeze34
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 7:00 AM

it may be my own naivity but i was told if you played stroke play you improved your score and status which was going well until yeasterday ...since then i have played numerous 18 hole and 9 hole stroke games but my score of 84.2 has not improved whatsoever! is this due to the fact that the games weren't that impressive!? and/or do i have to do better PER game? much appreciate any help from anyone!

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 9:55 AM

Are you playing ranked rounds? Practice rounds do not count towards your average.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 10:13 AM

Geeze, judging from your score history, your rounds were not too impressive. You need to shoot sub par rounds to eventually lower your average. But you should not worry about your average, it's meaningless. Just keep practicing and playing ranked rounds, and your average will come down while becoming a more refined player in the process.

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 10:22 AM

Heya Geeze,

First, let me welcome you to WGT, I see you just joined in December. In order for you to advance, you need to meet certain criteria. Nobody knows with 100% certainty what this criteria is, but I can give you the basics:

1. Average score - Each new tier has an average score you need to be at prior to advancement.  In order for you  to lower your average, you need to shoot scores that are lower than your current average. Your average of 83 can be lowered by shooting scores below 83 (18 hole ranked games), or 41 (9 hole ranked games).  As your average drops, you will need to continue shooting better scores to lower it.
    2. Ranked games played - Each new tier also has a minimum number of ranked games you must play prior to advancement.  I don't know what these are, but I'm sure you can search the forum and someone has them posted.  I'm positive I knew them at one time, but I've slept since then.

Hope I was able to help. Good luck and happy hitting.

-Longwedge

RSS