Help › Forums

Some of these scores - seriously - WGT needs to monitor

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 25 2012 8:11 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • StormTigers
    264 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 3:59 PM

Okay I have been playing for awhile. I got down to 75 and supposedly turned PRO.

Cough Cough on that title !

My *** here and that is what it is is about the absolutely ridiculous scores being carded in some of the Prize Tournaments.

I'll give you an example one of the Nearest the Pins.

1st place is around 40 points for 9 holes.

To achieve that this player has had to land his ball inside of 5 foot on every hole !  Even the best players I have competed against have the occassional slipup and land 10-14 foot away on one or two. So for this to be achieved it means the average finish reduces to more like 4 foot. Not unachievable but seems that a lot of tournaments have this sort of results, unreasonably good is probably what I would term it in the scheme of things.

We are all subject to server speed slowdowns,  ISP slowdowns which also can play a part in the results that can be achieved.

12 under the card over 18 holes ? Yeah I can believe it on a really really good day.

But happens way too often.

What gives WGT ?

Are you monitoring the results guys ?   Don't they set off alarm bells ?

Okay finished bitching !

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:25 AM

are you saying that since you can't shoot these scores then someone who can must be cheating???

That's what it sounds like.  

The ctth scores can be explained easily ( I think)  take notes on each shot (which club, how much spin, how much power etc etc) and hit restart  a lot.   Your scores will get low.

As for me, I don't think that I will ever be one of those players shooting super low scores, and I am fine with that.  But, I will not go whining about those who do.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:29 AM

As the man says, with unlimited restarts, any score is possible on ctth.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:32 AM

hpurey:

are you saying that since you can't shoot these scores then someone who can must be cheating???

That's what it sounds like.  

THIS!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hpurey:

The ctth scores can be explained easily

This too

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:52 AM

I'm really only repeating what's already been said but I don't see what your problem is.  CTTH can be played as many times as you like and I bet there are loads of players who quit every time they land the ball more than 4 feet away.  I hardly ever play it but the one time I had to in a CC tourney managed 80 after 4 or 5 goes.  I would think I could improve this if I played 100 times and took lots of notes on every shot.

And 12 under for 18 holes?  I can do that pretty regularly and I'm far from being a great player.  Don't underestimate what the best clubs and balls can do for your score.

There are videos on YouTube from some of the great players here.  Watch a few of them.  They aren't cheating, they're just very, very good.

• StormTigers
    264 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 11:26 AM

Yep totally I agree

But one play tournaments  don't allow restarts !

• imperialrock
    217 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 11:28 AM

MainzMan:

I'm really only repeating what's already been said but I don't see what your problem is.  CTTH can be played as many times as you like and I bet there are loads of players who quit every time they land the ball more than 4 feet away.  I hardly ever play it but the one time I had to in a CC tourney managed 80 after 4 or 5 goes.  I would think I could improve this if I played 100 times and took lots of notes on every shot.

And 12 under for 18 holes?  I can do that pretty regularly and I'm far from being a great player.  Don't underestimate what the best clubs and balls can do for your score.

There are videos on YouTube from some of the great players here.  Watch a few of them.  They aren't cheating, they're just very, very good.

Mainzman pretty much wrote my post for me..........and he's right.

-12 for 18 holes is completely doable with the right gear.  In fact, I've seen players with what I deemed "inferior" gear do great simply b/c they knew what shots to expect and they were good putters.  

This same general thread (WGT cheats b/c I'm not as good as the great players) gets written over and over again, and the answer is always the same:

"I find that the harder I work, the luckier I get!!"

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 11:28 AM

You've been here since September and have 19 ranked rounds under your belt.  Relax man and enjoy the game.  Spend more time learning the game, and less time competing in tourneys, and you'll be fine.

• imperialrock
    217 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 11:29 AM

^^^^^^^^ This.

• PAGES
RSS