Forums

Help › Forums

Loop??

Sat, Feb 4 2012 3:57 PM (9 replies)
  • phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 7:33 AM

Exactly what does Loop do and why does everyone say to turn it off.  Does it really help the swing meter to turn it off?  I know many times I have played several holes with it turned on then turned it off and I saw no noticeable difference in the meters actions or movement

just curious

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:11 AM

phiber:

Exactly what does Loop do and why does everyone say to turn it off.  Does it really help the swing meter to turn it off?  I know many times I have played several holes with it turned on then turned it off and I saw no noticeable difference in the meters actions or movement

just curious

if you check the other options available, you'll notice play, rewind, forward, etc

loop does exactly what it says on the tin.

it loops the video

and, eh..... these options should have been disabled by the programmers

they are of no use to the user

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 1:29 PM

It's a programming thing, Loop is for effects (or routines) that are supposed to keep playing.

I don't think WGT actually uses any (don't flame me if I'm wrong). 

I've tried it on and off and have not noticed any difference.

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 2:01 PM

I've certainly not noticed any difference with loop being either on or off.  And I've not noticed any difference clearing caches either, so I don't bother with that.  The caches thing could be down to the spec of my laptop (i7 8-core processor, 4Gb RAM, 1Tb hard drive), but I don't really know as I'm not much into hardware.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 4:00 PM

I sometimes wear loops in my hair, a bit like bangs really except a bit harder to secure in place unless I use granny pins, but that's what hair is all about, experimenting. Cannot for the life of me see what it could have to do with the meter though.

Besides Niv said unchecking or checking it makes no difference but he didn't say it as nicely because he swore and called the practice names.

On another note, you pay for ice cream twice.

Lizzie xx

• DinkMartini
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 3:10 AM

Hi Lizzie,  You don't know me but I may be falling in L...

I may be falling in Lu...

I may be starting to like you.

Please meet me at the clubhouse for a gooey blender drink with a teensie weensie umbrella in it?

• ADYTHEGOLFPRO
    291 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2012 7:01 AM

I think it makes no difference.

The main thing is to disable unnecessary system services and close any unnecessary programs, such as Skype, Spotify, etc., unless you have a lot of memory and high bandwidth broadband.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 7:24 PM

what it is all coming down to is the computer.  found out from a gamer that the processer is probably the culprit.  He said a double core processor would probably cure it  I have a single core processor now but by next week it will be a double core.  Dont even ask me what that does, I have no idea but he knows what he is doing and builds gaming devices so taking his word for it.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2012 9:27 PM

loop does nothing in WGT.

Flash ...(which is becoming redundant soon and one wonders if WGT will also move)

is a memory hog..  get oodles of memory ESPECIALLY if you are using onboard graphics which share your system memory.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 3:57 PM

I turn my loop off only if its that time of the month.

RSS