Just one more question!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 26 2012 7:30 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JessMarie
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 2:50 PM

Hey again,

I was going to put $100.00 worth of credits on the site but I saw that you can apply and get a credit card and if approved you get 6500 credits free. I would be interested in this but I am worried that any information I give to apply for this card will be given to this site as well.

Its not that I don't trust the site with my information. Ifs that I don't trust ANYONE with my info such as full name, social, etc. etc.

Can anyone tell me if the information I provide will also be collected by this site?.. or just the credit card company?

Also. If I decide to just pay for credits what information is held by the site? I worry about identity theft a lot so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help ;)

-Jess

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 3:19 PM

I did the credit card offer and i got the credits right away.   Hope its safe but too late to worry about it lol.

One suggestion since you are concerned with identity theft,........use prepaid visa cards, the gift card type.  Put $100 on one,  use it to buy your credits and then if someone ever gets that card info there is no money left on it to do anything with.

Hp

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 3:45 PM

hpurey:

I did the credit card offer and i got the credits right away.   Hope its safe but too late to worry about it lol.

One suggestion since you are concerned with identity theft,........use prepaid visa cards, the gift card type.  Put $100 on one,  use it to buy your credits and then if someone ever gets that card info there is no money left on it to do anything with.

Hp

No fault to Wgt, it's the companies that can give out your information, this is why I don't like to go in these surveys.

What Hp is saying sounds pretty good.... If you get a prepaid credit card(gift card), then it might be worthwhile. 

Be careful with getting a Debit Credit Card(if there is one on this site)..cause this contains your banking information.

-Roger

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 4:11 PM

hpurey:
    use prepaid visa cards, the gift card type.

A wise choice Marie if you have concerns with fraud.

I used a prepaid, re-loadable Visa Gold debit card I purchased at my local Walgreen's store to buy credits. Its been so long since I bought credits, that debit card has expired already. : )

• JessMarie
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 4:20 PM

That is an awesome idea! I couldn't thank you enough. I will probably do that instead of the credit card offer. Although it is a very tempting deal.

If you don't mind me asking when you went to apply for the card were you sent to the discover web-site or did you fill out the information within the wgt web-site. Hope that isn't to confusing.

I'm guessing if you go to the companies web-site then all of your information will stay with the company alone.

If anyone that works for the site can add input on this that would be much appreciated.

Thank you for the gift card idea. :)

-Jess

• AiricR
    135 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 5:59 PM

I clicked on the discover card offer and it redirects you to a secure discover card website.Its secure and that of Discover card just like you were to go there directly.

It's just that when you click WGT's offer It redirects you to another site(Wgt Gets credits for you) Next site (most likely Trial Pay) redirects you to Discover Card so they get credited...Then its your turn to get approved and then you finally get credited.

Another great Idea and I just did this myself is Donate $18.00 to the ASPCA and get 3500 credits instantly..Good cause and good credits at half the cost...

• JessMarie
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 8:38 PM

Thank you for your input. Is the ASPCA a one time donation or every month. If it is every month do you get credits every month or just one time. I would not mind at all having my funds go to a good cause like that. Everytime I see that animal cop show it makes me want to buy all those animals :(

thank you again.

-Jess

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 8:47 PM

I can't comment on the ASPCA, but I use the Flowers one all the time to send flowers to my wife on Valentines day, B-Day, and Anniversary...and I get the credits every time.  If I'm going to do it anyway, I might as well get credits for it.

-Longwedge

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 7:00 AM

Longwedge:
    I use the Flowers one all the time to send flowers to my wife on Valentines day, B-Day, and Anniversary...and I get the credits every time.  If I'm going to do it anyway, I might as well get credits for it.

Brilliant!  :-)

I did a similar one in the past,  I was gonna subscribe to some golf magazines.  Then I found them as one of the offers for credits, woohoo!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2012 7:14 AM

Business cards and printer ink works for me.

• PAGES
RSS