Help › Forums

Nike Method Putter - Opinions

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 30 2012 12:30 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2012 1:28 PM

I'm looking to upgrade my putter. I'm used to the beginner putter from long ago and like the slow meter speed. The reviews at the pro shop are really mixed on the subject putter.

What do yall think?

Mainly interested in forgiveness, but all opinions from current/past owners will be appreciated.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2012 2:08 PM

I rented the top line Nike the free rental weekend. Frankly I wasn't all that impressed. From 5 to 6 feet it is deadly but anything over that and it becomes fairly inconsistent. And it might just be me but even with a fairly stable meter for all my other clubs the Nike Method gave me a lot of little stutters. I went back to my level + 92 Ghost Spider. I'm not sure what your level is but you might consider one of the lower level Ghost Spiders. (Edit) Checked your level. Level 58, you might consider the level 35+ Ghost Spider or the Rossa Daytona both are as good if not better than the Nike and are less expensive. 

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2012 2:22 PM

I purchased the nike method right after the free rental period. I previously had the rossa and loved it. When i first got the nike i didnt think i would like it but after playing  with it for a while i love it. With the slow meter i can ping it almost everytime. Look up SGTbilko and he will send u a putter scale for it. The combination is deadly. The putter scale will help with longer putts. Its much more forgiving than the rossa. My putting avg. before the nike was 166, now its 145. Oh sarge does not charge for the putter scale but most give him a sleave of nike balls. 

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2012 3:19 PM

BTB

I tried the lower rated (red) Spider and hated it. The meter seemed way faster than advertised. Is this something that was fixed in the Ghost? I'm a bit leery of it. 

Anyone have an opinion on the meter speed of the Method? I know that not everyone has the old beginner putter. If someone does have both, I'd love to hear if the Method meter is comparable.

How does this 'forgiveness' quality work? Does it ping more easily? Is there a fudge factor on alignment? Something else altogether? How much is a half dot worth?

Heh. At level 58, you'd think I'd have upgraded before now. The old Beginner got me to TP, but I need to sink more putts if, I'm to advance to M, much less beyond.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2012 4:35 PM

I've played against a 'Legend' who uses the beginners putter and he is a very good Putter.

-Roger

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2012 4:38 PM

I've used the beginners putter till I was close to legend,Upgraded to spider ghost.It is faster,but not by much

• dave062
    28 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2012 5:29 PM

Get  the Daytona Rossa [lvl 55 ] would be may advice .

Dont like the method bought the lvl 77 and meter not as slow as it claims at all and the high accuracy and forgiveness just means a slightly offline putt stays perfectly offline all the way past the cup or often just a tad short which may as well be a foot in this game .That putter is for those already demons on the green and play championship greens all the time so will be a while before mine sees the light of day again .

You should def move up tho and 15 ,30 ,60 is the best style of putter and the Rossa is the best of those and certain with a little adjustment to the slightly faster swing speed  you 'll soon be in seeing an improvement and I think its all you'll need up to legend .

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2012 5:36 PM

JimbeauC:

BTB

I tried the lower rated (red) Spider and hated it. The meter seemed way faster than advertised. Is this something that was fixed in the Ghost? I'm a bit leery of it. 

Anyone have an opinion on the meter speed of the Method? I know that not everyone has the old beginner putter. If someone does have both, I'd love to hear if the Method meter is comparable.

How does this 'forgiveness' quality work? Does it ping more easily? Is there a fudge factor on alignment? Something else altogether? How much is a half dot worth?

Heh. At level 58, you'd think I'd have upgraded before now. The old Beginner got me to TP, but I need to sink more putts if, I'm to advance to M, much less beyond.

Not many people who used the original Spider didn't hate it. I know i did. The Ghost Spider is a completely different putter.

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 3:26 AM

Everyone has different opinions about their putter but it all comes down to reading the green properly and then execution. 

• Michelled79
    164 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2012 1:16 AM

I agree, each putter will react different to each other but it will react consistent. I cant see how buying a new high level putter will make u a better putter, it just means learning how the new one reacts with such things as missing the ding, distance etc.  A

Once you learn your putter and how is reacts i think stick with it because u will keep on learning.

In my humble opinion anyway lol

• PAGES
RSS