Forums

Help › Forums

White Box around shot distance in CTTH

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 11 2012 10:52 PM (3 replies)
  • NRWhiteKnight
    29 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2012 10:13 PM

Sometimes when I am playing in a CTTH game, and I get within a certain distance, say, 3 feet, when the scorecard comes up there is a white box around the distance, or more accurately, background behind the distance shown is white. Is there any special reason for this or is it just to say "Hey, you got within X feet of the hole!"?

It's not super important, I'm just curious.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2012 12:07 AM

Hi,

It indicates that the distance from the hole is your best (ie. closest) to date.

• NRWhiteKnight
    29 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 9:02 PM

nanstar:

Hi,

It indicates that the distance from the hole is your best (ie. closest) to date.

Up until tonight, I thought this correct. But tonight's CTTH makes me think otherwise:

Direct Link: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/2004Impala/CTTHwithWhiteBoxesonScorecard.jpg

Hole 1: 32.95 ft

Hole 2: 23.04 ft

Hole 3: 6.77 ft (No white box)

Hole 4: 15.89 ft (White Box)

Hole 5: 23.43 (White box, .52 ft less than hole 2, White Box)

Hole 6: 5.92 (Best in round, White Box)

Hole 7: 14.79 ft (Not best, not worst, White Box)

Hole 8: 17.80 ft (Not best, not worst, White Box)

Hole 9: 75.79 ft, (worst shot, no White Box)

I'd just like to know why it does this as I have seen it before, but have not found an explanation.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 10:52 PM

When you see the white box it means that shot is the closest one you've had in all the times you've played it. It has nothing to do with the other holes or your score. It's just the best for that particular hole that you have ever done.

It doesn't reset when you end the game and you won't see another white box on a hole unless you get closer the next time you play it.

RSS