Forums

Help › Forums

Sandbagging

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 29 2010 3:45 PM (27 replies)
  • Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2010 12:10 AM

Sandbagging is hard to define. I have friends over for ping pong once or twice a week, and we have a few, hmmmm maybe lots of beer. Afterwards I show them this game, or after they leave I play and i`m a lil tipsy and post bad scores. What I am trying to say is that you just don`t know whats happening with each player. I usually score an avg per 9 of 33. But after having a few, whoops. There goes my avg.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2010 12:41 AM

Whogolf:
    Sandbagging is hard to define.

Not really. Not the kind that is being addressed here. Many of us enjoy some brew as we play. It is a game afterall. Most normal players are aware of their average. Many, so much so, that posting scores even a stroke or two above where they stand in average is not done. This is common behavior and normal. What is not normal behavior is posting 50-60 or more for 9 holes, time after time when one has posted many 29-30-31,  9 hole scores, likewise time after time. That is the definition of this issue. It is definition of sandbagging.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2010 2:58 AM

IMO, sandbagging is when a player does not play to their abilities with the intent of creating a false impression.  It can be flagrant...but it can also be much more subtle.

joey  

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2010 3:50 AM

YankeeJim:

BicDaddy:
    Don't come on here and say someone is doing it. Who is it? Call them out and maybe they can be stopped.

She won't because she's a classy dame. Besides, it's not forum policy anyway. There is absolutely zero doubt what she says is true-I saw it myself.

Make master and stick to playing masters for credits and there isn't a problem. Real master's aren't threatened by sandbaggers in the RG's.

off the subject a bit but Jim you are so right. From what I've read SweetirPie is a real lady. Wish everyone on here were as classy as she is.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2010 1:23 PM

You can avoid sandbagging by getting to the Master level as fast as you realistically can.

But even then a player’s ego may want an average that gives a false impression.

Let’s say a 60 (or below) average may be what you want people to see.

Well the quickest way a Master can do that would be to pound those “unlimited play” 9 hole ranked rounds until they reach the aforementioned quest.

So you can put sand in or take it out at will on this site.

Who really cares?

Those that do it are just victims of their own illusional vanity.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2010 2:01 PM
    what?
  • myteammytown
    10 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 4:38 PM

depends on the week as well. i made master because i had a week with little/no BP to play..

unlimited rounds on an easy course drops the average...

now, however, i am paying for it dearly

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 1:48 PM

I think by the lack of responses from anyone affiliated with WGT, you get your answer right there.

They intend to do nothing about sandbagging, cheating, dual accounting etc etc.   As far as I can see, this is a great game (much better than anything out there IMO), although the spirit and fairness of competition is not something that WGT takes stock in. 

We will continue to get upgraded features that cost money and enhance the "playability" of the game,which is what everyone wants...but I'd forget about anyone at WGT being proactive about cheating and fairness...If getting a new course takes 8-12 months, imagine where "finding sandbaggers" falls on their list.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 4:14 PM

lack of response? lol

I wouldnt respond either if i was being bombarded with it everyday either

• Brazzer
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 8:08 AM

Sense of perspective guys. It is JUST a game after all isn't it?

RSS