Forums

Help › Forums

Sandbagging

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 29 2010 3:45 PM (27 replies)
  • TIM237
    15 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 4:06 AM
    How are you planning on curtailing sanbaggging? This is ruining this game and ultimaetly will cost members in the long run. When Iview peoples score history and see 35 36 35 32 87 49 it's cheating and those members s/b revoked. Thanks Tim
  • KatieJ
    43 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 5:27 AM
    Stopping it would be easy,,just make it so you have to continue the round and you cant forfiet it UNLESS youre in a practice round, THey just choose not to
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 5:45 AM

Katie,

He is talking about the reverse of quiting.

Sandbaggers are people that intentionally post high scores to stay in a higher tier where the can compete easier.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 7:22 AM

Sadly, there is one amateur who has won many times, sticks out like a sore thumb and is shameless when it comes to sandbagging. He is what I would term a lazy sandbagger. No art or creative sheltering of his disgusting way of obtaining awards and credits only to revert to giant, non-believable, triple inflated scores that keep his average up to around 95. A sad excuse for human behavior. 

• bigdilba01
    219 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 7:28 AM

wow iv never encounted that before

do people really do that?

what a shame

• BicDaddy
    9 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 8:33 AM

Hey sweetiepie

Don't come on here and say someone is doing it. Who is it? Call them out and maybe they can be stopped. If you are not willing to do that, don't complain out it!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 8:45 AM

BicDaddy:
    Don't come on here and say someone is doing it. Who is it? Call them out and maybe they can be stopped.

She won't because she's a classy dame. Besides, it's not forum policy anyway. There is absolutely zero doubt what she says is true-I saw it myself.

Make master and stick to playing masters for credits and there isn't a problem. Real master's aren't threatened by sandbaggers in the RG's.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 10:05 AM
    SP has too much class to do that. It is up to WGT to police the people who only sandbag to gain in terms of tourneys won.
  • navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 12:21 PM

True,There are some that sandbag.But like me,there are times when you have brainfade ,or your finger develops the yips.Ido try to do the best I can,But just like on the course,I ll shoot a bad score. And I am sure you do too...

• TIM237 United States 01-23-2010 4:06 AM
    How are you planning on curtailing sanbaggging? This is ruining this game and ultimaetly will cost members in the long run. When Iview peoples score history and see 35 36 35 32 87 49 it's cheating and those members s/b revoked. Thanks Tim
  • navigater United States 01-23-2010 12:21 PM

True,There are some that sandbag.But like me,there are times when you have brainfade ,or your finger develops the yips.Ido try to do the best I can,But just like on the course,I ll shoot a bad score. And I am sure you do too...