Forums

Help › Forums

Sandbagging

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 29 2010 3:45 PM (27 replies)
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 11:12 AM

By the way, you are not allowed to out anyone with their actual name, trust me, I have tried only get the admin to come in and remove it.  Some say, so what, well when you are trying to play the game as it is to be played, playing tourneys, matches and using your real money to start playing, you feel cheated by these arsebags.  As sweetiepie wrote, she is not speaking of the person who shoots 33, 32, 33, 37, but the person who posts a high 40's the same day as his 32, which is not possible unless all those beers they were consuming came with some heroin which made them think they were playing call of duty instead of wgt.  I wrote this up on another post, and I got a response from the admin, it was, dont name people.  Other than that, not much it looks like they are willing to do.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 11:37 AM
    Honestly, seems like a simple thing to fix, check peoples scores, give warning, if done again remove them, but people can work around that. My suggestion is better stats, not just for ranked rounds, but for paying tournaments and match play challenge. WGT, just record birdies per/hole for match play challenges and that would remove half these people. As for tourneys, you need to start reviewing the top 10 in each and make a decision on them
  • flyers5182
    50 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 11:59 AM

I agree, neildiamond.  I have been a member almost a year and have been stuck in Pro for some time.  Not due to sandbagging, just due to lack of skill.  I have been hosed a few times by someone with a 74 avg that somewhere got a hold of master drivers/irons and got smoked on matchplay.  Instead of looking "ranked rounds" look at paying tourneys, match-play challenges, etc. Youd get a more accurate reading.  Then again, its only a game, an online game, where "they" would find a way back on and keep doing it over and over again.  So to sum up, I give up and I'm just going to keep trying to get Master.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 12:12 PM
    no pro with 74 ave. had master driver and master irons. a master with 74 ave. may have. JB
  • flyers5182
    50 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 12:37 PM
    yes. he was a master with a 74 avg. but i was the idiot that thought I could beat him due to my 68 avg. We were not BOTH pros, just me. I have learned, however, to avoid such confrontations in match play.
  • Davidcap
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 3:40 PM

As in real golf, sandbagging does go on, but they can make it more difficult by using the standard scoring method used by most states to establish handicap.  This method only calculates your lowest ten rounds out of fifty rds played.  So if i shoot a really low rd, it will calculate into my avg, and it will take fifty rds to drop it off.  Higher rds I post would simply be ignored.   

• 1putt2win
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 4:59 PM

Real golf handicap is scored as the 10 best out of the last 20 rounds, but also includes ...forgot the term....maximum allowable score on a hole for a certain range of handicap...Equitable Score Control, or something like that. For instance (not sure of the range/allowable), someone with a 5 HC can not take a double bogie..a double bogie has to get trimmed down to a bogie, so between those two (ESC and 10 best scores of last 20), you are hardpressed to score you handicap that often.

• Davidcap
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 3:45 PM

Your right Tim.  I just looked at one players scores who played several rdy go tournaments shooting low 30's and mid 60's.  This person even won a few of them and then on same day posted three straight mid forty rounds and then played more rdy go and shoots in low thirties again.  This player is cleaning up on credits.  They are posting high rounds to keep their pro status.  Obvious cheaters should be banned.  They are cheating not only WGT but all us paying members as well.

RSS