Forums

Help › Forums

Putter Stutter

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 4 2012 12:54 PM (6 replies)
  • phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 11:22 AM

For the past 2 days, I am experienceing issues with the meter, but only while putting.  It is usually very smooth and easy to judge, but for 2 days the meter just stutters along, no matter what distance the putt is.

i have done all the things to supposedly control meter efficiency, none of that works at all.  I even rented another putter to see if that was the issue, NOT.  It has caused me several birdies over the past few days and is very very frustrating.  Anyone else seeing anything like that?? 

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2012 2:37 AM

i have this problem every 3 or 4 days - just with the putting meter. i have no idea what to do about it apart from playing less on those days and waiting for good days to play more. i have the daytona lvl 55 putter if that makes any difference. ive tried different balls with no success on those days. just one of those things i guess - much like on certain days theres much more deviations off the club than other days. i know the frustration of missing 3 footers for birds in ready goes - just not much can be done i dont think to fix it.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2012 7:09 AM

I I I I I  have bbbbbbbbbeen seeing this too. Thought it was the jajajajack daniels.

• birdieman45
    17 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2012 7:20 AM

Actually, the jack makes it smoother or just lets you accept the stutter better!

• row2seat2
    1,441 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2012 7:56 AM

Many see this but remember its all in our minds.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 11:39 AM

One trick I use on those days (yes, it happens to us all) is to give the silly thing less time to stutter. Use a medium long putter setting 50/60 even for short putts. You'll be using only the first 10 - 20 percent of your meter. Longer putts? Even stronger setting. 

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 12:54 PM

Clear caches before playing and stop at the top of the backswing for 5 seconds before hitting.

RSS