Help › Forums

WGTCaddie

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 4 2012 8:00 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 5:30 AM

Got a reply from WGT having posted about WGTCaddie when someone I was playing told me he was using it:

Hi Sean,

WGT does not allow the use of software of this type.  As per the Terms & Conditions:

“You may not use, distribute, develop, promote or facilitate use of cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the WGT game experience to the detriment of fair play.”

If a player admits to this type of violation, please send a screenshot to us and we will remove that player's account.

Thank you
    WGT Support

I never reported the fella who told me about it 'cos I didn't think he realised he was breaking any rules.

So, if you're using it delete it before you get binned.

Sean

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 6:37 AM

That's a generic response. That caddie is not software and the guy that created it is still active here and using it. It's a PutterPal, here long before WGT decided it wasn't a cheat and started selling it.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 10:46 AM

I use the old throw the grass in the air trick.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 11:12 AM

I think the OP got confused!

WGT Caddy and WGT VIRTUAL Caddy are 2 different things.

WGT Caddy is very similar to Putter-Pal it just divides the meter into an easy to read scale. It doesn't make any club selection and doesn't give you distances, it ONLY divides the meter into easy to read increments like Putter-Pal.

WGT VIRTUAL Caddy however is cheat software developed by the same people who brought you the so-called software that gives you a ding on all your swings.

hope that helps clear things up?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 11:21 AM

You almost got it right, Danny. That 2nd comedy is a dressed up calculator and doesn't do a single thing to the game. A big con.  LOL

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 11:26 AM

YankeeJim:

You almost got it right, Danny. That 2nd comedy is a dressed up calculator and doesn't do a single thing to the game. A big con.  LOL

LOL thanks Jim, notice I did say "So-Called software

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 11:28 AM

I heard from someone though that if you send the creator a few bucks for the WGTCaddy you get the full version that gives you a different scale for each green speed.  Seems to me that would be deemed something more helpful than the putter pal.   Not going to help a top player at all but sure could help some people having a different scale for each green speed while they are adjusting to a new speed.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 11:50 AM

And on that note Bollox, any of the masses on here who think the top players cheat by using a device to ding all the time, simply need to go to www.thedeviations.com and watch a video of you playing a few holes.  They'll soon take note how often you miss the ding!  You top players cheat allright!  You learn how to read the greens, play the wind, select the right club, choose your landing areas and apply backspin/overspin appropriately.  Such an unfair advantage!

And I believe the creator of that silly software was banned from WGT, multiple times.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 3:40 PM

People that use the caddy are reverse learning.. After so may times of taking a shot your eyes will adjust to correct power.. After a while you can remove the caddy and play with your good eye.. Its a learning tool.. Bollox seems to feel threaten by the item.. Just how it reads. I find this no worse then putting stickers on your screen. 

And for the person that says... Just watch him play on some offsite website... REALLY? Can you see him playing? Like.. can you see him click the mouse or see if there are stickers on his screen? No... So.. what you say isnt going to fly in court.. 

Bottom line... its a learning tool... 

PS... This tool doesnt work for ppl that cant do math as it is.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2012 3:51 PM

Milfshake:

People that use the caddy are reverse learning.. After so may times of taking a shot your eyes will adjust to correct power.. After a while you can remove the caddy and play with your good eye.. Its a learning tool.. Bollox seems to feel threaten by the item.. Just how it reads. I find this no worse then putting stickers on your screen. 

That's pretty funny.   It would have close to zero benefit for anyone that has played thousands of rounds in various conditions (the people I am actually threatened by!).  I don't think you understood what I meant.   On the sticker you place on your monitor,  it doesn't tell you that x place on the meter is 4 ft on slow, 5 ft on fast, 6 ft on VF, 7 ft on tourney, and 8 on champ, for example.  The upgraded version of the caddy does that (or so I have been told by someone who did purchase the full version),  you can change it to any green speed and it tells you how far each amount of power will travel.  So  say Johnny Golfer makes master tier plays VF greens for the first time ever, and this WGT caddy tells him exactly how far say 60% power will travel, does your sticker on your monitor tell you that also?

• PAGES
RSS