Help › Forums

Club distance

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 6 2012 6:45 AM (6 replies)
  • elnar
    17 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 1:46 AM

Hi Guys,

Lately i have been facing an issue with my Rapture V2 iron set (+lvl33), here is the situation:

I discovered that my 4 iron (180y) did not go the ditance it was suppose to go, and I read that this happens that some clubs don't go the distance it should, so i compensated with my 3 iron.

But lately, i have discovered that many of my irons aren't going the distance it should. For example, I am 160y away from the flag, so i chose my 160y club, i have a +2 back wind, and I ding the shot, and yet, i fall like 10 to 15 yards short of the flag.

and this has happened with many of my irons.

Also, i use a +lvl33 callway ball, so this should help as well.

does the equipment wear down (i dont think it does) ? or does this happens sometimes?

thanks for the help guys.

• dickdarstardly
    32 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 2:46 AM

I'm 99% sure the clubs don't wear down.

I have a similar problem with my 7 iron. Quoted 160 yards, using nike L44?, ding it, green 3ft below, with 15mph following wind and it goes 145. I rarely get the yardage suggested.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 3:27 AM

hi

clubs do not wear down. never have.

-wgticon

• elnar
    17 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 5:50 AM

so how come there is a distance issue? does it happen in general in WGT?

• jjt034
    14 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 6:45 AM

I have also had issue with club lengths. 

Shooting into a 20mph wind so you figure add a club because it will be short but when actually shooting, no wind "hold-up" and overshoot hole around club's max distance. 

Same goes with "crosswind" and trying to aim accordingly... Figure a stiff 15+ mph left to right wind would push the ball but it does not. 

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 8:06 AM

your clubs don't wear out, but other factors have to be taken into account. These are a couple of exerts from the terms and conditions page...

In addition, you agree that WGT retains the sole and unfettered right to change, remove or modify the available virtual items from time to time (which may among other things make one or more virtual items more or less effective or functional, more common or less common, or eliminated entirely)

The conditions in the game (wind, ground conditions, green speeds) may vary during play. WGT assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any outcome of a game or tournament due to these conditions.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 8:52 AM

elnar:

so how come there is a distance issue? does it happen in general in WGT?

I had an odd round yesterday as well, Oak F9 RG...through the first 8 holes (discounting the par 5 because I went driver, 3 wood ping wedge) all my R11 approach shot were roughly 10 yards short...finally on 9 I decided to compensate and promptly flew the hole by 10 yards.

I've had rounds were a shot or two was off, but never 7 approach shots.

RSS