Forums

Help › Forums

Shoot the caddie

Sat, Feb 11 2012 2:34 AM (24 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 11:50 AM

Tonto0206:
    Sorry Jim but you wrong because now that WGT have screwed up the "shot distance" and "distance to hole" indicators it is not possible to pre-plan the shot.

If you really believe this then why in the world are you even considering listening to the caddie?

BTW, you're wrong. Very seldom do I change the club I'm walking up to the shot with. And if I do change it it's because I have a better idea. You run into those things when you have 5 different ways to do something. Mind you, the caddie has nothing to do with it.  ;-)

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 12:03 PM

Tonto0206:

I am sick of facing a shot where I always have to change club from what the caddie is offering.

For example #6 Beth, I hit drive 339 yards leaves me 60 dead to pin. my wedges are 105,85 and 60, and the caddie offers up the 85 ......ffs.

Please WGT sort it, or get shot of it once and for all

WGT always wants you to get to the hole.   That 60 club does not go 60 with full back spin, head wind, elevation, etc.  

Why not use Jim's advice, and pre-plan your shot before the screen even loads?  Secondly, you must make it part of your shot routine to look at club and then look at it again.

Its not WGT fault you dont check your club

Cheers,

b0gey

• Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 5:54 PM

Why u no risten.....

I just said above the "hole distance" and "shot distance" indicators on the bottom right of your screen are screwed. The info they give is wrong, until of course you get the next screen to play your shot, so how the hell can you pre-plan with duff info.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 5:30 AM

Tonto0206:
    I just said above the "hole distance" and "shot distance" indicators on the bottom right of your screen are screwed

Mine aren't.  :-)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 7:49 AM

"Shoot the Caddie"???

Hmmm,,,,,,if you shoot the caddie, then won't you have to pick your own club, shot type and meter strength???   

What's the difference when you do not trust the caddie and end up picking your own shot anyway??

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 7:52 AM

The only thing you can't figure is the elevation, that you won't get till it's your shot

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 8:55 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

I just missed a 12 footer for eagle,  was a fairly str8 putt too.   Only missed it because I and only I,  failed to change putter scales.  

Should I start a silly post in the forums to blame WGT???    NOPE!!!!

• Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 9:13 PM

Wow purey your a laugh a minute ain't ya

Crack me up you do.

Best to avoid silly posts in the future mate, you might just hurt yourself.

Good advice, best you take it.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 9:08 AM

Tonto0206:

Yes Danny, I am well aware of the Spanish translation, which really means "not all there".

Irony is lost on you yanks.

Tonto0206:

Wow purey your a laugh a minute ain't ya

Crack me up you do.

Best to avoid silly posts in the future mate, you might just hurt yourself.

Good advice, best you take it.

I guess SARCASM is lost on you!

• bigfatbass
    3 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 10:13 AM

"I can't even begin to say how many rounds have been ruined by my losing focus."

Fixed it for you.

RSS