Forums

Help › Forums

well

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 13 2012 9:01 AM (20 replies)
  • littelwebber
    30 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 5:02 AM

i need help with putting. i have truble reading them,and whats the best speed to pick on the greens. i just want to do the best i can.ty for your help.

• littelwebber
    30 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 7:01 AM

its my putting i just did a 36 on 9. but the greens are getting to me. i have truble reading them and it get in my head. whats the best thing that helps. i putter helper tour. just tring to do my best. ty for your help.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 12:35 PM

well,  for one thing you're in the wrong spot (kinda like this thread)

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/559.aspx  this has always been good reading for many.

Good Luck

I wish you well.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2012 3:11 PM

Your truble is the trouble.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 1:37 AM

Read the link for the Putting tips that 3putts posted before, then read it again and again.

The other small problem you have is.... you have 2 drivers and a 3 wood. What you should have is.. 1 Driver, a 3 wood and a Hybrid club  with the set of Irons, 2 wedges and a putter you have already.

but for Putting read that post on Putting, which is great!

Cheers

Roger

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 3:07 PM

SweetiePie:

Your truble is the trouble.

You're not tring (trying) hard enough.

As far as a true putting tip...1st figure out distance control.  I use avatar movements and assign a value to them based on green speed.  Example:  30 ft meter  6 ft per movement on Fast ,  7 ft per move for V Fast, 8 ft per movement Tourney.  Add or subtract a foot per rise or fall and you're in the ballpark.

2nd look at break...this is where practice comes in.  I combine aim with early or late ding (depending on direction of break)  I find if you look to Ding your putt you need to allow for more break.  Whereas if you Hit early (or late) it tends to get the ball rolling higher into the break right from the start.

It all takes practice.  Better equipment can only do so much. You still have to execute the correct shot.  Good Luck and enjoy the game the best you can.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 10:22 PM

3puttsSuk:
    I use avatar movements and assign a value to them based on green speed.  Example:  30 ft meter  6 ft per movement on Fast ,  7 ft per move for V Fast, 8 ft per movement Tourney.  Add or subtract a foot per rise or fall and you're in the ballpark.

Everyone talks about these Avatar movement & I don't have a clue. THe meter's my BIble & I don't even look at the Avatar. Am I missing something here? I can see where that might really help with like real long putts idk.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 1:39 AM

BubbaCrusher007:

3puttsSuk:
    I use avatar movements and assign a value to them based on green speed.  Example:  30 ft meter  6 ft per movement on Fast ,  7 ft per move for V Fast, 8 ft per movement Tourney.  Add or subtract a foot per rise or fall and you're in the ballpark.

Everyone talks about these Avatar movement & I don't have a clue. THe meter's my BIble & I don't even look at the Avatar. Am I missing something here? I can see where that might really help with like real long putts idk.

When you start your putt, move mouse slowly and watch the putter... It will move back and stop, move back a bit more then stop etc.. Each of these movements is certain amount of feet.

I have the Daytona Rossa... On the 30ft scale, the Putter(Avatar) moves back 5 times... each of these movements is 6ft. On the 60ft scale it also goes back 5 times...each of these movements is 12ft.....etc.

This is where we get our distance from.

There are posts on all the Putters that Wgt has, saying what the Avatar/Scale movements in the Forum here somewhere.

Cheers

Roger

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 2:03 AM

BubbaCrusher007:

You might or not be missing something.... the avatar movements can be helpful at times. For example, on my 15 foot meter, my avatar stays still until a point where the putt will go 7 feet on tourney greens -- then he moves. So if I've got a 7 foot putt, I start the downswing right then. If it's 8, I go a little farther ... and so on. It takes some of the guess work out of some putts, for me anyway. The same is true for the 25 foot meter: first movement comes at 12 -- again, perfect for a 12 footer, keep going a bit for 15 ft, etc.. If I want 10 feet, and I see the avatar move, then I know I need to dial back a bit.

RSS