Forums

Help › Forums

Swing meter stops and starts

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 10 2012 4:44 PM (3 replies)
  • DPBO
    2 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 1:59 PM

Is anybody having some difficulty with the swing meter?  I'm lining up a putt and the meter slows down then jumps fast.  Not sure if this is my computer having problems or the swing meter.

Another question I have is back spin taking away yards from the shot. Is there a way to gage how much you'll lose when you apply backspin?

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 3:31 PM

DPBO:
    Is anybody having some difficulty with the swing meter?

Most of the players on here will attest to various swing meter issues.  You're not alone on that one.  (YankeeJim has some great tips for helping to fix them though)

DPBO:
    Is there a way to gage how much you'll lose when you apply backspin?

Absolutely.  Experience.  Yardage loss can change considerably depending on what club you're using, what ball you're using, elevation change, wind speed and direction, etc. Probably your best bet is simply good old trial and error....and take lots of notes.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 4:38 PM

i've noticed erratic meters skewing my shots 30 or 40 ft wide of pin since the last update.

clicking at the ding mark.....but the meter runs through an inch then hits the ball.

like this crap....

meter acts great for every shot but one....however it's that one shot which makes the difference between 1st & 2nd place in a comp.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=b2a27da8-3bcb-42d8-b390-9ff400144488

i've learned to lived with the odd glitch.....that's just the way it is round here.

tbe

• TrikiRik
    103 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 4:44 PM

thebigeasy707:
    i've noticed erratic meters skewing my shots

glad to see this posted, was starting to look at my PC being at fault.  Most noticeable for me has been non-linear meter speed during longish putts.

RSS