As far as i am concerned:

Hack: Very Slow
    Amateur: Slow
    Pro: Standard
    Tour Pro: Fast
    Master: Very Fast
    Tour Master: Tournament
    Legends: Championship

When playing with other players, the green speed will default to the green speed for the highest-tiered player in the group. For example, if two Amateurs and one Tour Pro player are playing in a group, the green speed will be "Fast" based on the Pro player default speed.

Read the facts here: http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#greenspeeds

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 10:55 PM

TheTigerEye:

Actually:

Tour Master: Tournament (the first kind)

Legend: Tournament (the faster kind)

Really expensive and humiliating ready go tournaments: Championship

• TheTigerEye
    259 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 11:09 PM

godelescher:

TheTigerEye:

Actually:

Really expensive and humiliating ready go tournaments: Championship

Okay. I dont have any problems between very fast and legend greens. I am tour master and i have found it very accurate to adjust most putts with about 10% and its nearly perfect.

On 20 FT putts on a flat very fast green i will give about 18 on the meter.

On 20 FT putts on a flat tournament green i will give about 16 on the meter.

On 20 FT putts on a flat legend-tournament green i will give about 13-14 on the meter.

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 11:42 PM

I dated this Norwegian girl a hundred years ago. She wanted me to move to Norway and live on her fjord with her family. Upon further questioning, it turned out that life would not be all that simple.

It turns out her family owned a farm and she had designs on me as potential free farm labor.

When I asked about the night life and she told me there were bars you could go to, but that was generally too much trouble because of the snow and walruses and what not, so most people just made their own booze and drank at home alone.

As a joke, I asked if they had cars in Norway. Rightfully, she got very upset and offended by my backhandedly calling her a fjord-hick. The smile went away and, in all seriousness and huffiness, she told me, "Of course we have a car."

Then she added, "...but it doesn't run, so we pull it with the horses."

She was a beautiful girl and if all I had to do was drink bathtub gin in a car pulled by the Budweiser clydesdales, I probably would have gone for it (She was that beautiful), but the deal breaker was her complete lack of a sense of humor.

(I'm kind of drunk right now)

• TheTigerEye
    259 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 11:49 PM

godelescher:

I dated this Norwegian girl a hundred years ago. She wanted me to move to Norway and live on her fjord with her family. Upon further questioning, it turned out that life would not be all that simple.

It turns out her family owned a farm and she had designs on me as potential free farm labor.

When I asked about the night life and she told me there were bars you could go to, but that was generally too much trouble because of the snow and walruses and what not, so most people just made their own booze and drank at home alone.

As a joke, I asked if they had cars in Norway. Rightfully, she got very upset and offended by my backhandedly calling her a fjord-hick. The smile went away and, in all seriousness and huffiness, she told me, "Of course we have a car."

Then she added, "...but it doesn't run, so we pull it with the horses."

She was a beautiful girl and if all I had to do was drink bathtub gin in a car pulled by the Budweiser clydesdales, I probably would have gone for it (She was that beautiful), but the deal breaker was her complete lack of a sense of humor.

(I'm kind of drunk right now)

Us scandinavian girls dont like that kind of humor and we hate sarcasm :)

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 12:04 AM

TheTigerEye:
    As far as i am concerned:

Hack: Very Slow
    Amateur: Slow
    Pro: Standard
    Tour Pro: Fast

I'm sorry to disagree:

Hack, Amateur: Standard

Pro: Fast

Tour Pro: Very Fast

Been there, done that.

TheTigerEye:

Others may confirm these...
    TheTigerEye:
    When playing with other players, the green speed will default to the green speed for the highest-tiered player in the group.
    Agreed.
    TheTigerEye:
    For example, if two Amateurs and one Tour Pro player are playing in a group, the green speed will be "Fast" based on the Pro player default speed.
    the green speed will be "Very Fast" based on the Tour Pro player default speed.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 1:59 AM

Legends putt on Normal Tournament speed and slower Tournament Speed. We Don't know which one until we start Putting.

We only Putt on Championship Greens in Certain Comps that is specified when you enter the Tournament and I think there is different Champ speed greens too....lol.

-Roger

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 4:59 AM

godelescher:

This is what I was referring too. Legends used to get the first kind of tournament speed greens along with the faster kind on some rounds, but now for Legends, it is just the faster kind of tournament speed greens. This is why I say WGT may have sorted it because I haven't played on the the first kind (TM) speed in several days now.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 7:38 AM

Are you all sure there is 2 kind of Tourney green speeds??  I've never noticed it but maybe I don't pay nearly as much attention to detail as some of you!  Or is this another overanalysis/conspiracy theory?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 8:16 AM

It's a fact. Alosso is very wrong, too.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/21297/128876.aspx#128876

Championship greens are faster than Legend Tournament.

RSS