Forums

Help › Forums

balls taken out of play

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 13 2012 2:08 PM (2 replies)
  • jiggsie
    478 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 9:32 AM

I hope that the forum's policy is that there is no such thing as a "dumb" question, so here's mine. I'm 75 years old and have never stepped on a golf course in my life, but a few months ago I got hooked on WGT. I spend approx 4 hours a day on this, my wife yells cause nothing else gets done, she says she'd like to shoot whoever invented this. ASnyway I don't understand why they keep taking my ball out of play. Is it so I have to buy more? I can see it if I lose one in the water, but not when they take it off the green or fairway.

I hope someday to get good enough to play against someone, but I need to learn how to putt first, I'm working on it

Thanks for looking

jiggsie

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 11:12 AM

Balls have a lifespan, the number of dots of durability determine how many times a ball can be hit before is it is worn out.

more dots = more hits (putts don't count as hits)

there is a post somewhere listing each balls durability in terms of how many hits it has in it... 

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 2:08 PM

jiggsie:
    my wife yells cause nothing else gets done, she says she'd like to shoot whoever invented this.

Maybe the most important thing about your post is what your wife said.  Take it from a guy that is not that much younger than you...this place is habit forming so be sure you do the important things in life before it's too late.   

jiggsie:
    Is it so I have to buy more?
    This place makes money selling equipment and balls.  Suggest you not invest in the top ball, at least not until you've advanced to higher tiers.  Keep in mind that the club distance listed in the auto caddie does not take into consideration the additional distance you will get from a premium ball.  While it's true you can hit your drives farther, it takes a lot of experience to get the most out of a hot ball with your short game. Otherwise, the added distance makes the game more frustrating as it is harder to decide exactly how much power to apply...that takes a lot of practice.     

Joey    

RSS