Forums

Help › Forums

WGT thinking you forfeit a tourney

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 18 2012 2:05 PM (5 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 11:21 AM

One of the players on my team in a CC tourney recently stopped playing a round after hole 3, went back to finish it later and was told by the game he'd withdrawn from the tourney.  I've heard of others having this problem but have never had it happen to me.  As far as I can tell he did nothing wrong, didn't try to watch a replay or anything.  Although he should have been asked if he wanted to forfeit at this point anyway.

Has anyone done any research into what causes this?  It would be nice to find a reason so it can be avoided in the future.

Thanks.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 12:09 PM

Hi

Maybe the time expired? I am not 100% sure but usually you have 24 hours to complete a tournament you started?

-wgticon

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 12:14 PM

WGTicon:

Hi

Maybe the time expired? I am not 100% sure but usually you have 24 hours to complete a tournament you started?

-wgticon

Oh, I didn't know that.  I always thought you had until the tourney ended.  I'll ask him if this might be the case. 

Thanks icon.

• h2g2
    691 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 11:39 AM

I just 'finished' a CC tourney, at least I was on the verge of finishing, had just struck my final putt of the round when I get a notification that the tourney was now closed and my score would not be counted. How can this possibly be acceptable??

Apart from the lost credits from the entry fee, also no prize money either plus the added 'cost' of wear and tear on the ball.......thanks a bunch WGT, really appreciated that !!

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 11:46 AM

h2 g2. You ran out of time, I expect most of us have done this at some time or other. The tournys are marked with a finishing time by which they must be completed.

• h2g2
    691 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 2:05 PM

To be fair, the finishing time is only estimated and I saw in the tourney rules that you only have to start before the closing time, nothing about making sure there is enough time to complete a round. 

Surely it would make more sense to close new entries, say, 30 mins before the expected end time for an 18 hole event to prevent this sort of thing happening, and if someone starts, they should be allowed to complete as long as it is within 30 mins of tourney closing.

from the rules::::

In order to enter and earn credits from the Tournaments, the Entrant must have a valid registered World Golf Tour account (free) and enter the Tournament in the indicated time frame (schedule)  

enter, not finish in the time frame....

RSS