Forums

Help › Forums

Slow Loading

Sun, Mar 4 2012 11:17 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 2:35 PM

9 Hole Ready Go just took me an hour to complete !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loading each hole taking forever

even longer when you check reverse or other camera view so i stopped using that otherwise it would have took me about two hours

Before that i played a multiplayer skins game against Trante & it also took forever, i thought at the time it might be the other guys connection was slow until i played the ready go

Very frustrating , i was not going to bother posting but i must admit its the worst ive ever witnessed since ive been on here

Gladstone

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 4:05 PM

I had the same problem and I believe a lot of others have as well.

I think the servers were very slow today for some areas

MEL1950

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 4:10 PM

Makes no god dam sense to me . . . can be playing for a hour and loads fine, then starts taking ages to load . . . then goes back to loading ok

• TesLa33
    109 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 7:17 PM

Lobsterboy:

Makes no god dam sense to me . . . can be playing for a hour and loads fine, then starts taking ages to load . . . then goes back to loading ok

Exact same experience here. Definitely not on my end.

However, something for you blokes to consider... it could be the latency between the San Francisco (South Western Pacific) WGT servers and your UK (East North East Atlantic) servers.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Feb 17 2012 11:00 PM

Hi

Sometimes it happens if 1 of the servers just slows down. I am not sure why but it's a computer system, so maybe it needed a reboot. I played earlier and it seem to be fine.

-wgticon

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2012 2:10 PM

Well

I have been playing  this game regular for years

and i have had the same slow loading all weekend & still got it now

i havent downloaded anything new & i regulary clear my history out

i always check my task manager & close anything that does not need to be running

i have even cleared my flash cache now as a last resort & its not fixed it

evan did a system restore

I really do not think the problem is my end, i am sure its not my end i dont do hardly anything else other than a few emails & this game

Still very frustrated, cannot see me playing on much at this rate

Gladstone

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2012 2:32 PM

WGTicon:
    I am not sure why but it's a computer system, so maybe it needed a reboot. I played earlier and it seem to be fine.

Yesterday I sent the details about this topic to the help request link WGTadmin shared with everyone and explained to the developer that players were experiencing slow "next location" loading in the game-client and he/she said in a return e-mail to me that it's a latency problem on their (WGT's) end.

Like WGTicon mentioned, it seems to be fixed as of 30 minutes ago.

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 1:59 PM

Hello Richard,

Just played a few games & you are correct it seems to be ok now

Thx Icon

Gladstone

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 6:19 AM

Wgt

You need to look into this again, the problem is back again

Wheres the link we need to Email please

Gladstone

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 6:58 AM

i have notice for me ,when i load a course i never realy play ,or  play once every 6 months like a Close to hole ......game ,the loading part is longer  rear camera view is even longer to load,,,,,,once i have played it once, i have no loading prob  the secound time i play it .... and its always been like that for me .......:)

• PAGES
RSS