Legend, stroke play, registerred rounds

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 22 2012 7:24 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Savian78
    2 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 2:34 AM

Hi

What is the latest number of rounds you need to play before becoming legend. Where can I check how many registerred rounds I played as a TM?

Thanks for the help

Cheers

H

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 5:10 AM

The last 200 rounds, including Blitz and CTTH, are in the score history of your profile. They show in which tier you played them. For all results, you must copy&paste them every now and then.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 5:19 AM

You need an average equal or below 61 and at least 50 ranked rounds. On 20 February you had 33 ranked rounds, still 17 to play (at least) to be promoted. You are almost there.

Regards

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 9:06 AM

Hey Sabian, as Fabian (Genorb) said, due to your average (under 60) you need exactly 50 ranked matches to get the legend status. Even if you submit an scored round over 100 strokes, you average will not go over 61. (Been there too myself).

If your average was over 61 as Tour Master, then you would need exactly 70 ranked matches.

Cheers

• Savian78
    2 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 9:54 PM

thakns guys appreciated

Best

H

• hawgy
    79 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 10:12 PM

can someone tell me what i need to make legend just made TM  thanks

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 1:10 AM

hawgy:

can someone tell me what i need to make legend just made TM  thanks

....this

LOLserver:

If your average is under 60 as Tour Master, you need exactly 50 ranked matches to get the legend status.

If your average is over 61 as Tour Master, then you need exactly 70 ranked matches to get the legend status..

Cheers

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 3:37 AM

Hi Eric,

LOLserver:

Even if you submit an scored round over 100 strokes, you average will not go over 61. (Been there too myself).

That's only true when you have played 50 ranked rounds. When you are Tour Master, the average is computed with your best 50 ranked rounds. If you haven't played yet 50 ranked rounds and post a bad round, your average increases.

Once you have played 50 ranked rounds, your average cannot increase. Indeed, if you post a score above the worse score among your 50 best scores, then your average does change. If you post a score below the worse score among your 50 best scores, then your average decreases. That's why, once you have played 50 ranked rounds, you can have an average of, let says, 65, and see it decreases after posting a 66.

LOLserver:

If your average was over 61 as Tour Master, then you would need exactly 70 ranked matches.

That's not correct. If after 50 ranked rounds your average is above 61, you will have to play the number of rounds needed to get your average below 61. The total number of ranked rounds to be played as Tour Master in order to be promoted legend can thus be anything (above 50) depending on how low or high are the scores you are posting. Some Tour Master just need to play 50 ranked rounds to be promoted (this is the minimal number required) but some others need to play hundreds of rounds.

Regards

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 4:41 AM

genorb:

Hi Eric,

LOLserver:

Even if you submit an scored round over 100 strokes, you average will not go over 61. (Been there too myself).

That's only true when you have played 50 ranked rounds. When you are Tour Master, the average is computed with your best 50 ranked rounds. If you haven't played yet 50 ranked rounds and post a bad round, your average increases.

Once you have played 50 ranked rounds, your average cannot increase. Indeed, if you post a score above the worse score among your 50 best scores, then your average does change. If you post a score below the worse score among your 50 best scores, then your average decreases. That's why, once you have played 50 ranked rounds, you can have an average of, let says, 65, and see it decreases after posting a 66.

LOLserver:

That's not correct. If after 50 ranked rounds your average is above 61, you will have to play the number of rounds needed to get your average below 61. The total number of ranked rounds to be played as Tour Master in order to be promoted legend can thus be anything (above 50) depending on how low or high are the scores you are posting. Some Tour Master just need to play 50 ranked rounds to be promoted (this is the minimal number required) but some others need to play hundreds of rounds.

Regards

Hey Fabian, I had this discussion with several pretty know TMs (at that time), whom are legends now, about the average under 60 as TM. Indeed, I did submit myself one time (by mistake) a ranked round of 114 strokes, while I was in the mid 58 & had played about 30 ranked rounds as TM......after that 114 strokes round my avg did top only at 61, when it was suppose to go about 65 or above... only WGT knows why.

Having the same discussion with some other TM who were at that time just above 61 avg, it took them exactly 70 round to get the legend....one of that it was just 61,1 if I remember well & submitted precisely on his 70 round with a 59. He had had submitted a couple of rounds under 60 before, but no legend.....until his 70 round.

I ought to say that this is one of WGT "secrets" about avg concerning TM's, please delete my post if it gives TM players enough information to whether submit or not ranked matches for their advantage.

LOLserver:

If your average is over 61 as Tour Master, then you need exactly 70 ranked matches to get the legend status..

Cheers

Indeed, this is wrong, apologies, if you avg is above 61 you need MINIMUM 70 ranked matches.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 5:38 AM

LOLserver:

Hey Fabian, I had this discussion with several pretty know TMs (at that time), whom are legends now, about the average under 60 as TM. Indeed, I did submit myself one time (by mistake) a ranked round of 114 strokes, while I was in the mid 58 & had played about 30 ranked rounds as TM......after that 114 strokes round my avg did top only at 61, when it was suppose to go about 65 or above.

Hi Eric, if you have an average of 58.xx after about 30 ranked rounds, your average cannot raise up to 65 after just posting 1 score of 114.

Let's do the math. If you have an average of 58 for 30 games, then your total number of strokes is 58 * 30 = 1740. Now if you post a 114, your total number of strokes is then 1740 + 114 = 1854 for 31 games, this leads to an average of 1854 / 31 = 59.81. 

LOLserver:

Having the same discussion with some other TM who were at that time just above 61 avg, it took them exactly 70 round to get the legend....

Just a coincidence. Since I am tour pro, I compute in advance my average after each completed round and compare it to the displayed one. Perfect match each time.

The only rules is that they use your best 50 ranked rounds to compute your average when you are Tour Master (this number is 400 when you are legend). That's why you need at least 50 ranked rounds. Once your average, computed only with your best 50 ranked rounds, is below or equal to 61, you get promoted to legend. The promotion can thus happen for any number of ranked rounds above or equal to 50.

But OK, that's not so important, anyway we are no longer Tour Master, so we don't care :) .

Regards

• PAGES
RSS