Help › Forums

Who won the charity golf trip.....?

Mon, Jun 11 2012 5:43 PM (23 replies)
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 9:43 PM

alosso:

TurkishTerror:

--------->NKF Cadillac Golf Classic - Pebble Beach ChallengeSweepstakes Rules

CELTIC MANOR RESORT

Play in the NKF Cadillac Golf Classic and all proceeds will be donated to the National Kidney Foundation. The on-going tournament is a closest-to-the-hole challenge on Celtic Manor. The winner will be chosen at random for a dream trip to Pebble Beach. See rules for details and eligibility.

[...]

-----this was a charity tournament that was advertised heavily for 3-6 months.  How much was donated?  How did WGT help with the donations? Whens the drawing?    

WGTicon:

All those are fair questions. I believe you have to write in for the answers. I personally don't know.

-wgticon

I wrote in on Sunday and not even received an automated answer.

Is the Iron Curtain back in operation?

No reaction to my mails yet.

This post to prevent the subject from oblivion.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 11:20 PM

alosso:

TurkishTerror:

CELTIC MANOR RESORT

Play in the NKF Cadillac Golf Classic and all proceeds will be donated to the National Kidney Foundation. The on-going tournament is a closest-to-the-hole challenge on Celtic Manor. The winner will be chosen at random for a dream trip to Pebble Beach. See rules for details and eligibility.

[...]

-----this was a charity tournament that was advertised heavily for 3-6 months.  How much was donated?  How did WGT help with the donations? Whens the drawing?    

WGTicon:

All those are fair questions. I believe you have to write in for the answers. I personally don't know.

-wgticon

No reaction to my mails yet.

This post to prevent the subject from oblivion.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 1:00 AM

alosso:

TurkishTerror:

CELTIC MANOR RESORT

[...]

WGTicon:

-wgticon

I had mixed up the mail addresses. Now I received this answer by WGT

We will be publishing an overview of the tournament results in the very near future.  We needed to have an official winner before we could announce anything.

Let's see how long it takes...

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 1:27 AM

bump.

alosso:

alosso:

TurkishTerror:

CELTIC MANOR RESORT

[...]

WGTicon:

-wgticon

We will be publishing an overview of the tournament results in the very near future.  We needed to have an official winner before we could announce anything.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 1:49 AM

bump.

alosso:

alosso:

TurkishTerror:

CELTIC MANOR RESORT

[...]

WGTicon:

-wgticon

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 10:40 PM

On April 30, 2012, WGT announced to me in a private mail that results be published "in the very near future".

I've seen nothing of that until now - enlightening insights in their reception of time...!

alosso:

alosso:

TurkishTerror:

CELTIC MANOR RESORT

[...]

WGTicon:

-wgticon

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 4:03 PM

Final posting:

The results - both the winner and the amount of charity donations - was published in the forum on the weekend. Ty WGT!

I'd rather have seen this as a subject of the News than being the second item in a thread - put it on my wishlist for Christmas! :)

• wgtmustang
    24 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 12:13 PM

Hi Everyone - sorry it took so long to have a winner announced, part of that is definitely on us to be more communicative on winner announcements and this is the plan going forward. I agree - winners announced should be the headline of the News. :)

And just in case people are interested in how we give out awards - we need to have a winner sign a physical agreement and mail it back to us saying that they are accepting the prize so that we can officially award it to them. Sometimes it just takes a little while to sign and return physical contracts like this.

We love giving out these awesome prizes for golf trips (wish I could win but I'm not eligible working here!), and we're actually running the charity tournament again this year, so you have another chance to win the Pebble Beach trip: 

http://www.wgt.com/tournaments/details.aspx?ID=1521281c-aa5e-4b7d-ad03-a0620189093d&name=NKF_Cadillac_Golf_Classic_-_Pebble_Beach_Challenge

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 12:36 PM

problem is some of us are not receiving emails from wgt regarding comps etc. i wonder how many players have won something and not received an email enabling them to reply and claim their prize.

keeping members of WGT informed of comps, winners and updates surely has to be a priority and not a second thourght.

great game but the communication is terrible.

if there was aproblem with us buying equipment i'm sure it would be fixed straight away.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 12:37 PM

Here is a convenient link to the tournament page.

A very nice prize indeed.

RSS