Forums

Help › Forums

Comodo dragon users.......

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 24 2012 11:42 PM (4 replies)
  • TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 6:46 PM

I switched to Comodo after reading in here about how great it was. I've strictly used it for just this game as I had read in here as well. A couple weeks ago I closed the browser, which more times than not takes a few second longer to fully close completely before I can go to Firefox. One night after closing it the pc screen went solid blue. I shut down and restarted the pc twice and after entering password I still got the blue screen. After restarting it for the third time I stepped out to smoke. Came back in and desktop was there. Scared me as I thought the pc was going to hell in a hand basket. Next day I went to log in on Comodo and the desktop icon was gone off the desktop screen. I clicked on the program itself in the files section to no avail and wound up having to download it all again. All has been well...Until today. Last used it yesterday evening and logged off and went to bed. This afternoon I went to log in using Comodo and the screen again went blue on me and same scenario as above happened. Again...Comodo icon is gone off of desktop and clicking program from files is of no use.

Is anyone or has anyone had this issue using Comdo? I thought that maybe my antivurs (Norton 360) may have had something to do with it but I do full scan and click shut down before going to bed nightly and like I said its only happened twice and don't believe its the antivirus rubbing it out.

Any thoughts as to what the issue might be from anyone?

Thank you in advance.......

• bazkitcase5
    86 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 7:00 PM

I have experienced no problems since downloading Comodo

sorry I can't be any more help, but that is all I know

• TesLa33
    109 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 7:06 PM

Could possibly be some type of software conflict. I've found that "using" multiple browsers on windows can cause this. Having other browser installed isn't necessarily the problem as much as using (running) both of them. I once had a similar issue with IE and chrome... so I just quit using IE completely. I've never used Comodo because Chrome works great for me.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling firefox?

You're also running double and separate caches when you frequently use more than one browser so your virtual memory might need bumped up.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 8:47 PM

I haven't had any problems. Re: TesLa, I use CD for WGT and Chrome for everything else; they should be compatible if Firefox isn't 

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2012 11:42 PM

Ditto, I use Dragon for gaming only, and either Chrome or Opera for surfing , email etc.

Never load up IE or Firefox. Safari is also compatible with Dragon.

RSS