Forums

Help › Forums

Control?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 27 2012 3:00 PM (3 replies)
  • TerryN1013
    109 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2012 12:54 PM

Putting at Bethpage is impossible and chipping from the rough is worse.  How do YOU do it?  I tried the putting tutorial and it helped some but Bethpage at tournament speed is beyond me.   I wish there was a practice putting green.

• marks84
    184 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2012 2:34 PM

TerryN1013:

Putting at Bethpage is impossible and chipping from the rough is worse.  How do YOU do it?  I tried the putting tutorial and it helped some but Bethpage at tournament speed is beyond me.   I wish there was a practice putting green.

Terry.. i either add just a little more break than I think I need, OR, I hit the putt a little harder than I normally would for that distance.  This approach works fairly well for me on Legend greens.. do not know if it will help you or not.

One other FYI... on any putt of 2 feet OR LESS... you cannot miss UNLESS you miss on purpose.  Do Not aim.. just hit the putt like it was a 4 footer and it will go in.

GL to you.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2012 2:38 PM

marks84:

One other FYI... on any putt of 2 feet OR LESS... you cannot miss UNLESS you miss on purpose.  Do Not aim.. just hit the putt like it was a 4 footer and it will go in.

EXCEPT on BPB 15

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2012 3:00 PM

TerryN1013:
    Putting at Bethpage is impossible and chipping from the rough is worse.  How do YOU do it?

You've got a ways to go before you'll be playing regularly on the tourney greens. My advice is to not get too accustomed to that speed as it can be just as challenging adjusting from fast greens to slow greens as it is the other way around. 

For the record - take distance times .7, then add or subtract elevation change, then add 2. That formula works pretty well as a STARTING POINT for the tourney green speed in the winter qualifier. Good Luck!

RSS