Forums

Help › Forums

Advice on putters please.

Thu, Mar 1 2012 4:12 AM (7 replies)
  • EARTHWALKER
    56 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 3:20 PM

I currently have the iwi anser putter and I find the meter way too fast for my old age reactions :D

I'm looking at the TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter (L35+) as I almost have enough credits.

Is this a good choice of mine or are their better ones for my level (37)?

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 4:16 PM

I say ,  hold on till level 55  and get the Daytona .

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 4:19 PM

I 100% agree, the best putter out there for the $$$   IMO.  Until then use your starter, a lot of guys go to Master & beyond with  it.

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 4:21 PM

The Rossa. I have played with every putter out there besides the level 92 ghost and no comparison.  Read the comments on all the putters from the people who have bought them. That should help also.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 4:26 PM

EARTHWALKER:
    Is this a good choice of mine or are their better ones for my level (37)?

I used that Anser for a long time when it first came out. I thought it was a good putter and before you give up on it, try switching to a ball that slows the meter down. The GI series balls do this and won't break the bank.

Even if you do decide to switch putters you're still going to have to learn it and that takes a while. You know what you have now so slow that meter down a little and see if that doesn't help first.  GL

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 7:35 PM

I use the 'beginner' putter, shame they are discontinued, cos its an absolute belter.

I average 11 - 14 putts per 9 holes now.  Used to be 15 - 18 with the Starter, Spider and Rossa.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:45 PM

Can you hang on. 

It'll be a while.

The NIke Method at level 51 is the most easy to ding putter out there. It has a bit of a case of the shorts, but as long as you give it 2-3 feet extra, it's tough to beat.

• EARTHWALKER
    56 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 4:12 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys.  Very much appreciated.

I'm certainly in no hurry as I do really enjoy the game.  Never quitted a round to date and don't plan on it.  It's an age thing I think :D

RSS