Help › Forums

Equipment Advise

Fri, Mar 2 2012 3:45 PM (3 replies)
  • GTAKnights2
    24 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 4:35 PM

hello all,

lvl 72 tour pro with a 68.7 avg and dropped

I play the G10 lvl 58 set with 3 matching ping wedges and the Daytona putter with crap balls.....

I have 2K in credits and want to know peoples opinions on what to shop for next... 

the way I see it i start buying the cleveland wedges, the method putter or wait to buy the new G20 (lvl 80 something when they come out) or start collecting R11's (Driver, irons, 3 wood) if I can ever wait that long! ... lol 

I'm leaning towards the method putter and waiting for the R11's but what do you people think? 

Any better suggestions? 

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2012 9:19 AM

Your clubs are pretty good for now. You would get the biggest improvement, by far, from using better balls. I'd start with Srixons; they'll be a huge step up.... you can try Callys and Nikes later. if you want to go cheap, Tour SDs are a really good deal.... spin and distance, but a fast meter.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2012 9:33 AM

GTAKnights2:
    Any better suggestions?

Well, dunno if it's better or not, but I, just a few minutes ago, took a big plunge. After testing, I settled on G20s across the board. I find that the meter isn't much different from my old Raptures. I really needed that extra 15 yards from the 3i, playing from Master tees. 

A few weeks ago, I went with the Method. It, too, has a slower than advertised meter. That coupled with balls with 2 dots of feel has sent my ding percentage through the roof. 

Good Luck and Happy...

• GTAKnights2
    24 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2012 3:45 PM

thank you both for the advise.... i haven't switched to good balls because I have been learning to use back spin but I think you might be right and I should start using the SD balls

As far as the G20's I think they are way to similar to my g10's but the higher level g20's that are supposed to come out soon might be worth waiting for.

RSS