Forums

Help › Forums

Calculate distance where the ball lands.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 3 2012 5:15 AM (7 replies)
  • adasss
    1 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2012 11:48 AM

Hi,

How can I estimate distance of ball landing ? I wan't only know where the ball can lands no rolls. Can anyone write in % distance in air for irons ?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2012 10:00 PM

There are so many questions lately asking for the secrets of the game and percentages for shots. There are none. Every shot should be judged on its merits. Practise is the only answer. Try something and if it works write it down for future reference, if it doesn't work then try something else.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2012 10:03 PM

piztaker:

There are so many questions lately asking for the secrets of the game and percentages for shots. There are none. Every shot should be judged on its merits. Practise is the only answer. Try something and if it works write it down for future reference, if it doesn't work then try something else.

He's right ^^^

• chewy8baca
    263 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2012 1:18 AM

Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice Practice

Till ya get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats whats FUN about the game.

Chewy

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2012 1:40 AM

A few days back someone posted a distance chart for putts. Where you deduct a  certain percentage for each green speed, then it gave a figure for each distance that you might get. Figures like that can only be accurate up to a point, because even within a green speed there are still variations and the line on a graph that plots distance isn't straight on here but curved. Therefore just say you decide to knock off 10% for a putt, at a distance of one yard it might well come up short but at a distance of 50ft it may overshoot.

I guess a lot of non-golfing gamers expect that once you learn the cheats the game will be easy, but with this game it isn't like that. Although there is a fair amount of repetition some times the game will catch you out. 

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2012 4:17 AM

I have putting charts and can do wind calculations and spin and elevation distance calculations and side wind movements etc, but you know what, sh_t happens, from hole to hole game to game.

Like today in Ready go, 1 rst green 4 putt, first 3 putts went exactly 3 feet each, why, have no idea, I certainly was not aiming to hit a 3 foot putt, but it happens. I did not give up and managed a 33 front 9 Oak after finishing the 9 with 5 birdies after that 1 rst hole fiasco.

What I have learned in my short career here is this, WGT taketh, WGT Giveth.

Enjoy the game, it's not perfect but its a fun.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2012 4:28 AM

adasss:

Hi,

How can I estimate distance of ball landing ? I wan't only know where the ball can lands no rolls. Can anyone write in % distance in air for irons ?

In addition it's hard to answer what you ask, so much depends on the clubs and the balls you are using, the course you are playing, the elevation, the wind etc etc etc.

Whenever I change my set of clubs i find a good long couple of days of practice and re-charting is necessary to get a sense of what top spin, back spin and no spin will do to the distance of the various clubs.

While getting the ball closer to the hole is ideal here, It's just not always going to happen, putting is the key to the kingdom i think.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2012 5:15 AM

12 putts per 9 holes otherwise u shoot chit

RSS