Help › Forums

Frustrated !

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 3 2012 4:07 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Moaman
    11 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2012 2:43 PM

I am getting cheesed off with seeing the scores that some people post ! Sure I can't putt for *** but there is no way i can score like some do.  In the April qualifier the cut line for the top 50 is 59.  the top 50 at 13 under !!  how do theydo it and stay legal ?

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2012 2:52 PM

Moaman:
    how do theydo it and stay legal ?

Practice. Keep at it, you'll get better. I used to feel the same way. I still can't shoot a 56, but I'm getting better (almost) every day. Happy hitting!

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2012 2:59 PM

Moaman:

I am getting cheesed off with seeing the scores that some people the top PGA pros post ! Sure I can't putt for *** but there is no way i can score like some Tiger and Bubba do.  <snip>  how do theydo it and stay legal ?

Practice possibly?

Either that, or they use this bad boy.....

Photobucket

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2012 3:55 PM

As the others have said... Heaps of practice.  Have a look at the stats of the current Leader of the Winter March Tourny and compare it to yours and you will see, that it will be the reason why people are shooting the low scores.

I hope someday to be as good....lol

Cheers

Roger

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2012 6:54 PM

Yeah, some of these guys/gals are awesome players of this game for sure. Hats off to them for having the skills. I've score a 58 once and it still wasn't nearly enough to get anything out of it  lol. That's cool though. Hoping one day my skills will improve enough to get a little something out of the monthly free tourny's  :)

Had an idea a little while back about the possibility of making a new rule or format as you will. It's kind of along the lines of what some radio stations and other venues use. Since the winners are usually pretty much the same group, maybe have it to where if you do win said month, you can't win the following month or two to allow some fresh new players to have a little payout and know what its like to actually win something rather than seeing the same ol peeps winning month after month.

Don't hate me for the idea, I just think it would help share the wealth so to speak to some of us who play our butts off to no avail, lol. Please don't take it as an insult to those who do win all the time either. I mean no disrespect in the least. Again, much respect to you all that have dominated the game thus far.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2012 10:59 PM

Nice idea TW, but this ain't a Kindergarten.

It's rather a pride of lions, and the younger & weaker members will have to get stronger and/or wait for the leaders to get (older &) weaker or just disappear.

Until then, they will always get the biggest piece of meat and credits.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2012 7:52 AM

Was only a suggestion. Wasn't asking for handouts. Don't know where the kindergarten quip fits into the equation. Sorry I suggested it.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2012 9:22 AM

Please excuse me, I didn't intend to attack you. Your suggestion stands as well as my opposite statement.

Kindergarten was meant to express "protection of the weak" which seems not appropriate here to me when tourneys and challenges for credits take place.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2012 10:16 AM

Photobucket

i dont see these in the PRO shop ???

do they make em for us RIGHTY's .... how many cred's are they ?? 

will i need reinforced grips ?? 

:)

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2012 3:41 PM

alosso:

Please excuse me, I didn't intend to attack you. Your suggestion stands as well as my opposite statement.

Kindergarten was meant to express "protection of the weak" which seems not appropriate here to me when tourneys and challenges for credits take place.

It's all well and fine my friend. No harm, no foul :)

• PAGES
RSS