Forums

Help › Forums

SPDY Transport Portocol Firefox

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 7 2012 12:33 PM (4 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, Mar 4 2012 2:30 AM

Will WGT be supporting the new SSL SPDY protocol coming out with the release of Firefox 11.

Stinger

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 11:59 PM

Apparently this protocal will increase web page performance by speeding up data transfer.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 8:46 AM

This protocol requires BOTH an SSL session and GZIP compression.

it may increase transmission speeds of some web pages, but the addition of encryption and compression will slow down both server and client.

Plus I don't think WGT uses SSL encryption anyway.

I don't really think this protocol will take off, it's just a trail balloon floated by Google.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 11:19 AM

Firefox supports Gzip compression and when you log onto WGT it does use HTTPS over and SSL encryption.

If WGT didn't support SSL encryption, members credit card information wouldn't be very safe would it?.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 12:33 PM

Infinito3010:
    If WGT didn't support SSL encryption, members credit card information wouldn't be very safe would it?.

Then you must have noticed what it says in the upper left of your screen when you are in your account info?

and you see it reflected in the url, https://www.wgt.com/user/buycredits.aspx

I wasn't talking about your credit card info, I was talking about normal gameplay, forum browsing, pro shop, etc.......

EXCUSE me for not making that clear 

RSS