Surveys & Spam

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 7 2012 8:49 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 5:47 PM

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has noticed an influx of spam on your email account after taking some of these surveys. The other day I had over 300 in my spam section.

I cleared them all and woke up this morning with another 224 spam. And they are all related to the questions I had to answer in these surveys. So besides using up your valuable time after finding out that you do not qualify for a survey (qustionaire is a survey in it self) they want to bomb your email address with hundreds of spam as well.

I guess I will stick with paying and viewing ads for now to get my credits.

• Ryanaylor
    2 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 8:30 PM

Hey,

I haven't had the e-mail issue yet, but I completely agree regarding the qualifying scam. I spent upwards of ten minutes giving them a wealth of information only to find out I don't qualify for their surveys. "Qualifying" feels a lot like surveying to me. I get nothing and they keep the info.

I'm done with that business.

• Ryanaylor
    2 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 8:45 PM

Following up on my last message, it is ampario surveys that seems so scandalous.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2012 11:29 PM

Yes those are the ones that I can refer back to from the spam emails and the questions they ask for in the survey to qualify for " The survey " .

Cleared a couple hundred this evening and this morning (2:26am Eastern Standard time) I received a couple more hundred in my email. This is getting ridiculous.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 1:50 PM

interesting you should see that too.  I just did on on buying a new Truck, a Ford F150 in particularly even thought it (the survey) only wanted to know what I intended buying etc...This was on Monday Evening.  This morning I had 4 emails from sources I had never heard of about new vehicles, and 3 out of the 4 were for Ford Trucks...imgain that.

I haven't been to any ford websites or visited any websites or talked to anyone else about buying a new vehicle. 

• CyberTwiXX
    91 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 2:53 PM

Fake e-mail address ftw!!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 3:12 PM

Just curious, are the surveys you guys are taking asking you for your email address? And more specifically, are you taking the surveys in the "complete offers" tab, or the "take surveys" tab?

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 6:08 PM

Here's something else that comes back to haunt you. Do this little test and see if what I'm refering about does not happen. Before you log into the golf website go to google and search anything you would buy/use/other service and go then go to that specific website (clothing/toys/electronics ect). Then go to the golf game website and see if any of those related webistes are on the side of the page when you log in. They should be there because the ads from it are following you. Happens all the time right after I google something then log into this site. And even during the course of a game I still see ads related to the search I did earlier.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 6:12 PM

Regarding email address, I do not think it needs that since it already has your IP address when it follows you to the golf site and log in. This is also probably how I'm getting numerous spam in my email account with out them knowing my email address.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2012 8:35 PM

Joe-

I'm trying to help you out here. I asked two simple questions. I'm looking for three words in your response, not a hundred and fifty.

My first question-

mrcaddie:
    Just curious, are the surveys you guys are taking asking you for your email address?

is asking for a one word response, either "yes" or "no"

My second question-

mrcaddie:
    are you taking the surveys in the "complete offers" tab, or the "take surveys" tab?

is asking for a two-word response, either "complete offers" or "take surveys".

If you post in the forums looking for help, read the responses you get and answer any questions they might ask....sometimes we need a little more info to help point you in the right direction.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but my friends and I are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to surveys (not so much about golf) and can help you out.

You're away.

MC

• PAGES
RSS