Forums

Help › Forums

Changing balls

Thu, Mar 8 2012 3:18 PM (2 replies)
  • CyberTwiXX
    91 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2012 1:45 PM

So, I recently changed from Srixon Z-Star vapor balls to the level 33 callaway balls. Nice balls with great spin and decent distance.

I realized yesterday that my putting has taken a beating and couldn't figure out why. Usually I'm a decent putter, but in the last couple of days it's been killing my game big time. Today I switched back to the Srixon balls during a practice round and discovered my putting has come back to me. I can control these balls much much better. Has anyone else had issues with the lv 33 Callaway balls on the greens? Maybe I just needs more time with them to practice, but man ..... loving these Srixon Z-Star balls. 

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2012 2:02 PM

All balls roll the same on the green.  The callaway has a half dot more feel than the srixon which equals a slower putter meter. That may be throwing your timing off a touch.  If you like the calls, stick with it and  you'll get your timing back with putter.

• CyberTwiXX
    91 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2012 3:18 PM

RUNWME:

All balls roll the same on the green.  The callaway has a half dot more feel than the srixon which equals a slower putter meter. That may be throwing your timing off a touch.  If you like the calls, stick with it and  you'll get your timing back with putter.

It's definitely not the meter throwing me off. I think my putting has just taken a nose dive ... lol Ohh well .... not gonna whine about it. Back to the drawing board ;)

RSS