Forums

Help › Forums

re: rude golfers

Mon, Mar 12 2012 2:11 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Sues80
    2 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2012 6:55 PM

I am fairly new to the online game of golf but I am having fun learning. Yesterday, I was playing a game and someone by the name of threeboyz3 asked me to play a game. I did and we started chatting. At first the conversation was fairly normal until he asked me "what clothes I was wearing".  I told him that I wasn't interested in going there, that I was here just to have fun playing the. Because I wouldn't answer his question he then asked me "what do I have up top" I said "excuse me? that is too much info. Only my hubby gets to know that stuff. Needless to say he kept it up. Once the rematch was done I quickly got out and closed the window for golf and when I did go back on to play by myself he immediately tried to get me to play again but this time I clicked on the "I'm busy playing a game" and ever since then I have been marked as busy just to avoid that foolishness. I am not here to talk dirty to guys, I'm ONLY here to have fun playing the virtual game of golf!

Thank you for understanding.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 8:54 AM

Oooo, Ick. 

Hmm, One way you could handle it in future is to enter something like this in chat. 

Dude, I'm a 6'5" 240 lb body builder and lawyer. The name is my job. I'm just using a female avatar to get the meter. Chill.

Might work.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 9:37 AM

sorry about them  stupid man ,dont think we are all like that .....this is one place you could disconect from the game ,  the behavior of this player should be reported to WGT........... what  gets me ,is we are trying so hard in are CC to have more woman to join, we are 247 members ,only 9 woman .....we would love to have more ....but you see it takes one idiot to scare a lot of woman ,      i just wish some  peoples  would just play golf ,  and not use this great game to become idiots ,and look for things that dont exist................   so again  sorry for the 1%   up here ,99% of players have class  madame   :)       (excuse my poor english )

• BillyTBudMan
    100 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 10:09 AM

Next time that happens give him a virtual kick in his virtual junk.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 10:10 AM

Sues80:
    when I did go back on to play by myself he immediately tried to get me to play again but this time I clicked on the "I'm busy playing a game" and ever since then I have been marked as busy just to avoid that foolishness.

This is sad that you have to be nervous about some clown bothering you for anything other than a game. There are ways to deal with this and having to hide behind "Busy" is just plain wrong for you. 

WGT will take the time to handle your situation if you simply present it to them via e-mail. They take that kind of stuff seriously and will help you. In the future, you can hit PRTSCR on your keyboard to get a picture of the offensive chat which will copy it to your clipboard. Then you can view it in Notepad or Paint, someplace where you can paste. Save that and send it along with your complaint if it ever happens again.  GL

• Sues80
    2 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 12:50 PM

Thanks, I sure do appreciate it and you have a great day as well :)

• EARTHWALKER
    56 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2012 5:40 AM

If it happens again, please name and shame.  The community as a whole will put a stop to people like this.

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2012 6:01 AM

She did name & shame if you read her post its right there must say i,ve seen a few perverts on here to never against myself but you would think some guys have never been near a woman before kind of creepy if you ask me . Now i like woman but would rather take her out not perv on some player who i dont even know who could be a guy anyway ! Like the guys said SUES80 we aint all like that creep !  smokey.

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2012 7:22 AM

Totally agree with this man here we are not all like that thank the lord for that there are chat rooms for creeps the english is fine frapp hope the ladies do report those type of whatever.

Garry.

frappefort:

sorry about them  stupid man ,dont think we are all like that .....this is one place you could disconect from the game ,  the behavior of this player should be reported to WGT........... what  gets me ,is we are trying so hard in are CC to have more woman to join, we are 247 members ,only 9 woman .....we would love to have more ....but you see it takes one idiot to scare a lot of woman ,      i just wish some  peoples  would just play golf ,  and not use this great game to become idiots ,and look for things that dont exist................   so again  sorry for the 1%   up here ,99% of players have class  madame   :)       (excuse my poor english )

• PAGES
RSS