Forums

Help › Forums

Inconsistency

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 18 2012 4:55 AM (9 replies)
  • Ausbanks
    2 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 4:45 AM

Is it just me?  I was enjoying making progress after starting this game.  I got down to a stroke average of just above 71 then I was ranked as a pro.  Since then I've hardly enjoyed a round, I've found the game to be inconsistent in many ways.  For example, the power meter is less predictable and it is more difficult to hit the shot or putts bang on the mark, and worse I'm getting inconsistent strikes.  I hit the ball perfectly on occasions and the ball goes off to one side or the other.  I'm also finding chip shots from the edge of the green don't perform anything like they should.  I have played golf for 20 years and this game has become the least like the real thing for me.  Its a shame as I was really enjoying it to start with.     

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 6:18 AM

You need to uprade your clubs sir. You'll enjoy the game so much more.

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 6:45 AM

piztaker:
    You need to uprade your clubs sir. You'll enjoy the game so much more.

Nooooooo, don't listen to the "Bad Man".(Piztaker)  I used be like you, but once I had the taste for the drug called WGT, it has sapped me of money and life.

You see, they lure you in with the promise of great things, but in the end, you'll be hooked like the other hardcore addicts and dealers and be doing surveys, signing up to Flower deals, buying makeup to to support your habit...If you want a habit, take up smoking...less expensive, and not so hard on the ol' heart and blood pressure.

Just carry on hacking away

• Michelled79
    164 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 7:23 AM

Maybe a small comprimise, try a new driver, and  maybe a couple of wedges and see if it enhances your game any, you can do well with a decent driver, i made master with beginner irons and wedges. If you dont want to pay the money save up your free creds for a while and while you are saving you will improve even more!

Good Luck

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 8:26 AM

Ausbanks:

Is it just me?  I was enjoying making progress after starting this game.  I got down to a stroke average of just above 71 then I was ranked as a pro.  Since then I've hardly enjoyed a round, I've found the game to be inconsistent in many ways.  For example, the power meter is less predictable and it is more difficult to hit the shot or putts bang on the mark, and worse I'm getting inconsistent strikes.  I hit the ball perfectly on occasions and the ball goes off to one side or the other.  I'm also finding chip shots from the edge of the green don't perform anything like they should.  I have played golf for 20 years and this game has become the least like the real thing for me.  Its a shame as I was really enjoying it to start with.     

You can continue to enjoy it but making much more progress on starter clubs will be difficult at best.  Just like real golf, you don't see good players out there with starter clubs.  Time for you to look at upgrading and watching your scores gradually get lower as you get used to them and the way they play.  There are very few players at your level or above that still use starter clubs, and tha tis for a reason.  You are right though, it is a terribly addictive game to play.

Happy golfing

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 8:37 AM

Ausbanks:
    Is it just me?

Maybe not. I've been noticing some inconsistencies in the game for a few weeks now. Of a sudden, my putter will be on steroids. Dinged shots with the wind figured will behave strangely. I find that a cache clear, even mid round helps. Just a theory, but I think some conditions from one round will bleed over to the next. Going between different wind conditions or green speed, etc. 

But there's no doubt that upgrading your clubs will help tremendously. 

• Ausbanks
    2 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 5:03 AM

Thanks for all the helpful advice folks.  I'm afraid I've probably been guilty of just playing instead of studying the forums & other things & never had a problem till it re-classified me as pro.  I did upgrade my driver and have noticed a little difference, but I need to upgrade other clubs by the sound of it.  Trouble is I have no credits & won't spend any money on the game, which it sounds like some do.  I spent enough on the real thing over 20 years!

• ahrimann
    3 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 4:21 PM

I have also been experiencing some frustration over inconsistent game behavior. About 10 levels ago, I upgraded to the Taylor R11set, and the Ghost Spider putter, so I know equipment blame is vastly mitigated. I still use the Starter wedges and they are actually my most consistent performers!

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Wed, Jul 18 2012 4:55 AM

To quote a long standing member

"I must confess, i'm becoming increasingly disillusioned since skill seems to play less and less a part of the game. what have i spent nearly two years learning the courses for and buying better equipment a every stage"

WGT has messed with the game or players...it's no longer the game it once was. I suspect changes have been made to

1. increase profitabilty
    2. increase profitabilty
    3. increase profitablility so WGT staff can have their annual 5* holiday to the Carribean
    4. Increase profitabilty so that WGT players can support some Facebook game set up by them.

I for one will not be purchasing high end balls to pay for WGT's holidays and lack of development of this game. I doubt very much if playing with the freebie balls is going have much difference on my current play. I hit the ding, it go now where near, I miss the ding by miles, it lands 3 ft from the pin...the wind says it's blowing, but it isn't (vice a versa) and so on and so on....

off to hit some stones into the OOB and water

RSS