Forums

Help › Forums

What the heck is going on

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 14 2012 1:13 PM (7 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 8:09 AM

Here's my problem, I would like to know is there a way to see if your club's ( Irons ) are shooting what they are rated for. 

Reason I am asking this is I was on the new course we have doing the  CTTH . Now either my clubs are wrong, the wind is wrong,or the distance to the hole is wrong.

I have the R11's now you can go either full, 1/2 of an Avatar movement ,or one full Avatar movement. I don't think anyone goes beyond that  ( other than a chip or a pitch shot ).

I am  under shooting or over shooting by sometimes 12 yards, I am dinging every shot.

I could sure use some advise on what anyone thinks the problem may be. 

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:00 AM

Woodoworkery:

Reason I am asking this is I was on the new course we have doing the  CTTH .

Hi Gary,

OK this could be a dumb question, but are you paying enough attention to the elevation? I guess you are playing this Whistler CTTH, there is a lot of elevation difference there. You need sometime to add/subtract 8-10 yds to the displayed distance.

Regards

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:17 AM

yes  Fabian, I am including the elevation on all the holes that have one

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 11:52 AM

have you tried putting a screen video up, using something like expressions.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 12:19 PM

Hey G, 

Are you picking your club selection using the mouse wheel?  I have read here in the forums that sometimes the game doesn't actually give you the club you choice even if it says thats the club you are using( while using mouse wheel to select your club).

Hard habit for me to break but I am getting better at using the hover and select method.

P.S. How's the baby?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 12:59 PM

Woodoworkery:
    I am  under shooting or over shooting by sometimes 12 yards, I am dinging every shot.

You don't specify wind/spin/choke/rough combinations. You're trying to be too exact. Each one of those factors changes the club yardages and I doubt very seriously you're doing it the exact same way every time.

Here's an example. The CTTH shot at SA back 9 on the 3rd hole is 162 yds out from the first cut. The R11 7i is 165 yards. When the wind is blowing away from you (helping) at 17 mph you would think backspin and choking the swing would be the shot. Well if you do you land short on the green where there's a slope and the ball rolls 20+ feet away. Same shot with a full swing almost stops on the same green.

It only took about 20 tries to figure that out because I was trying to do the same thing every time and was getting results all over the board yardage-wise. My lesson learned was the R11s are too variable when you choke them to depend on them being right on the money every time. IMO, it's easier to use as full a swing as possible and manipulate the wind with spin.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 1:08 PM

hpurey:

Hey G, 

Are you picking your club selection using the mouse wheel?  I have read here in the forums that sometimes the game doesn't actually give you the club you choice even if it says thats the club you are using( while using mouse wheel to select your club).

Hard habit for me to break but I am getting better at using the hover and select method.

P.S. How's the baby?

No Hazen I do not use the wheel to select my club's.......The baby is doing great , wakes up  one time a night  3:30 AM 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 1:13 PM

YankeeJim:

Woodoworkery:

You don't specify wind/spin/choke/rough combinations. You're trying to be too exact. Each one of those factors changes the club yardages and I doubt very seriously you're doing it the exact same way every time.

Here's an example. The CTTH shot at SA back 9 on the 3rd hole is 162 yds out from the first cut. The R11 7i is 165 yards. When the wind is blowing away from you (helping) at 17 mph you would think backspin and choking the swing would be the shot. Well if you do you land short on the green where there's a slope and the ball rolls 20+ feet away. Same shot with a full swing almost stops on the same green.

It only took about 20 tries to figure that out because I was trying to do the same thing every time and was getting results all over the board yardage-wise. My lesson learned was the R11s are too variable when you choke them to depend on them being right on the money every time. IMO, it's easier to use as full a swing as possible and manipulate the wind with spin.

Thanks Jim, but it just does not make sense to me, I have the best clubs, the best ball they give me the yardage,and elevation I do the math ...... and I come up short or long come on I can understand if I am way right or left of the shot but long,or short. It has to be the wind is not what it says it is.  Just saying totally confused. One day your spot on the next day this.

RSS