Forums

Help › Forums

What does it take to be a pro?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 16 2012 1:46 AM (4 replies)
  • TerryN1013
    109 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 1:51 PM

I'm level 45 and an amateur. I see others at lower levels who are rated as pros. Some even have higher average scores than I do and are pros.  So what does it take?

• Robbh65
    29 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:48 PM

I have asked the same question. I am level 68 and still Hack. I have been told to play ranked games on stroke play and tournaments.I have done all that and lowered my average some,but have not progressed in rank.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 3:08 PM

To go up in the Tiers you have to hane a certain amount of RANKED games and reach a certain average. 

The people in tiers above you may have a bigger average than you because as you advance in rank your average is reset.You then have to play another certain amount of ranked games to level it out to your proper average. And so on as you advance in the Tiers.

Your points level has nothing to do with advancing up the tiers. It only allows you to unlock Equipment in the Pro Shop

Hope this helps.

MEL1950

The more RANKED games you play under your current average score the more your average will go down.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 1:10 AM

In both cases right now, you have to get your averages down.  Both of you have enough rounds to get to the next tier, but your averages are too high.

• adramforall
    194 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 1:46 AM

TerryN1013:

I'm level 45 and an amateur. I see others at lower levels who are rated as pros. Some even have higher average scores than I do and are pros.  So what does it take?

From another thread.

mnkracker:

Here's a general idea that I found on previous forums. They don't give out the exact numbers to prevent people from advancing, don't know why you wouldn't want to move up to a higher rank....

Amateur : Average Score 85? (Around 5 games)

Pro : Average Score 78 (About 15-20 games)

Tour Pro: 72 (Unknown games)

Master : 67 (Unknown games)

All except the amateur average score are accurate (not too sure about Amateur) the games, where given are estimates

Cheers,

mn

RSS