Forums

Help › Forums

Is there any way to practice on tournament speed greens?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 22 2012 8:20 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 10:47 AM

The highest green speed option I see for practice rounds is very fast.  I'd like to practice on tournament speed...any way to do this?

Thanks

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 11:01 AM

First let me say congrats on turning legend so quickly.  2 months has to be a record, very nice. 

Second, if you are part of a country club ( you can join one or form your own as you the only member)  you can choose the settings ( low winds, tourney greens for example)  and as an added benefit, the country club tourneys give you more experience points than just a ranked round which will help you level up faster.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 12:10 PM

Use the free weekly tournaments as practice rounds. With up to 10 shots a hole there's a lot of putting you can do.

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 12:14 PM

mkg335:

The highest green speed option I see for practice rounds is very fast.  I'd like to practice on tournament speed...any way to do this?

Thanks

Theres good advice above from Run and Jim. My question is holy hell do you ever get sick of St A's? 

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 12:43 PM

BeachedMulligan:
    My question is holy hell do you ever get sick of St A's? 

another St Andy's Legend? Wonder how he'd fare on Oak or Cong

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 1:20 PM

DannyPhan:

BeachedMulligan:
    My question is holy hell do you ever get sick of St A's? 

another St Andy's Legend? Wonder how he'd fare on Oak or Cong

First, thanks very much for all the suggestions above. 

As for getting sick of St Andy's, it's true I've worn out that course and it's a fair criticism.  But honestly, it's been my favorite course since I joined in January.  My ancestors probably played or caddied there or at least looted the place from time to time.

My best score on Cong is a 63 and best at Oak is 66.  Once I level up and replace my lower level G-20s I'll be frequenting those courses quite a bit.

I freely admit to being "another St Andy's Legend" but why should that bother anyone?  I'm 60 years old, have some time to play, and wanted to make Legend before I start forgetting my name and whether or not I'm right-handed.

Thanks to all for the great ideas.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 1:47 PM

If you fancy a game against another 60 year old, look me up. 

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 1:53 PM

piztaker:

If you fancy a game against another 60 year old, look me up. 

piztaker, thanks very much, will do.  I'm sure you'll wear me out but that'll be a good learning experience for me.  Do I send a friend request in order to schedule a round with you?

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 1:56 PM

p.s.  You guys have any suggestions on which CC to apply for membership?  Thanks in advance.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 5:09 PM

mkg335:

p.s.  You guys have any suggestions on which CC to apply for membership?  Thanks in advance.

Canine Supervisor has a great CC for learning and fun. (At least that's what they claim. Some of those guys are loose nuts.)  LOL

Take a look at The Academy. Good bunch.  

• PAGES
RSS