Forums

Help › Forums

alternate shot games at legend level

Sat, Mar 24 2012 4:00 PM (8 replies)
  • jimoldfart
    131 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 7:39 AM

I recently turned legend. ( got greedy in a cc tournament and shot too low.  lol ) My problem is I get tired of playing by myself, but there is a real scarcity of Alt. Shot games at Legend Tier. The only level that there seens to be a consistent group available is at Master level. A lot of the guys don't want a legend in their game and I can understand that, with tourn. speed greens and the difference in length my partner has to deal with, with me being on the back tees, and I always ask if its ok for me to play with them. Some don't mind , but some do. When one objects, I move on . What can I do to find a game with any consistance?

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 8:19 AM

hmmm .. i just turned legend also... LOVE ALT ... what i do tho.is.. join whatever... hek if i have to hit from way back..then they have to deal wit slick greens... 

i have found the ones i join to be very funn.. even if i have a pro..for a partner.. if they wanna be ..jerks or TAKE ALT to DANG SERIOUS... /...   i know where to EXIT from....

haven't had to yet tho... most want some pointers... and have a blast ..win or looze..

anyway thats just me... peace..

hit em good... 2DF

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 8:24 AM

I enjoy playing with the legends, I have never had one quit in the middle of the game. I enjoy the different views you see from their tees.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 8:27 AM

All Legend alt/shot games are very fun I think,  but I'll play with any group of tiers.  

I like seeing lower tiers stuck with longer approaches than they are used to.  ;-)

But they then see that it isn't that bad at all,  it may help them realise that making Legend might not be so bad after all.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 9:36 AM

Play all the time with masters.......most are good people, very few problems. Just join a game if they don't want you there let them leave, works for me. Oh by the way some of these guys/gals are really good.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 9:55 AM

I play random alternates often, when my legend friends are all busy, I ask for "master" or above, great fun, tho I see often people not joining when see me in the list, ouch!, but as soon as the game starts, I very seldom see guys quitting.

I normally warn them about the "tourne greens with legend speed" when they are about to put in the first green.

• jimoldfart
    131 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 10:36 AM

In other words I should just sign up and if they leave so be it?

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 1:40 PM

Hi Jim, am a regular alt shot player, hit me up if you see me green.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2012 4:00 PM

If you enjoy playing frequent alt-shot without the hassle of quitters, consider joining a site that promotes a great atmosphere for that: http://www.wgtls.co.uk/forums/main.php

wgtls (WGT Ladder System) uses WGT for actual game play, but all matches are arranged at their site in the Meet & Greet chatroom. Once you're registered there, you can look for a Guild (club) to join, by announcing your availability in the Guilds Open Forum. Although there are occasionally pick-up alt-shot matches for fun, 99% of the alt-shot matches are between Guilds  for bragging rights in the guild rankings.

For those players who want to go it alone, most of the other types of of WGT play also have ranking ladders at wgtls: blitz, 3, 9 or 18 hole stroke play, Blitz, 9 hole Match play, and numerous tourneys.

RSS