Forums

Help › Forums

BLIND to the greens

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 26 2012 11:24 AM (6 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 5:50 AM

OK , long game , short game , not bad can pretty much hold my own. I hit the greens and OMG I don't know if it's me or they do something to the breaks in the greens. One day read everything just fine,next day holy crap what the heck happened missing putts on the low side. Using my same method of moving the marker as I did when they were going in. Strength of the putt the same as I did before.

I can understand a bad day, what I don't get is ,one good day 5 bad, then back to a good day then 5 bad. Has anyone else had this kind of incident  happen to them? It has gotten to the point to where I don't want to play AS anymore because my blindness is  messing up my partner.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 7:04 AM

Not sure what really happened yesterday but I experienced much the same thing.

#11, RSG, 242 yard tee shot with a 16 mph cross wind right to left.  I align the shot marker to the right of the green, a few feet of the green and ding the shot with the 3 wd.  The shot goes in the bunker on the left side of the green????

Putt on #10 same course, 2.8 ft for birdie.  little to no movement of the dots much as you would expect to see.  Align the putt to center of hole, ding the putt and it goes to the left immediately upon contact and MISSES the freaking cup..  

Something is happening and it isn't in my computer, not real sure what it is but I can honeslty say that I play this game purely for enjoyment, I spend a fair amount of money playing the game as I don't gamble, and if the enjoyment isn't there due to "latest revisions" or "new flash revisions", then it's time to find another form of entertainment.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 7:17 AM

I have to agree. It's getting frustrating for me too. When I shoot a couple of 30's on one day,  and then the next can't shoot under a 33 or 34 it makes no sense. Like was mentioned, the short birdie putts are really messed up, and it's not my computer either. Have had several long putts over 30 ft, was just trying to get close to save par and they fall in for birdie, next hole have a 3.1 ft putt for birdie, shows no movement and the dinged putt misses. Oh well, on to the next Tee.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 7:32 AM

welcome to the wonderful world of

CANTFRIGGINPUTTWORTHADAMNITIS

even went to the Mojo Clinic,i got 5 years to golf

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 7:35 AM

I just look at is, it's golf and one day you have it and others you don't. I'm a pretty good putter on this game and time to time i'm off but just figure it's me most the time. I have never noticed anything strange or drastic on the greens.

HAWK

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 11:20 AM

You have never noticed anything strange or drastic on the greens. You need to play a round with me and G. Talk about strange, drastic, desperate, totally lost in space, bring your camera with ya. Some of our putts are worth a thousand words, we have learned how to utter all 1000 in 5 seconds flat.

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 11:24 AM

I would like that. Send an invite when you see me on! 

HAWK

RSS