Forums

Help › Forums

averages

Tue, Mar 27 2012 4:22 PM (4 replies)
  • AliMartin
    44 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 3:28 PM

Just out of interest - how are the averages worked out?

A tour master we play with has suddenly gone back up from 61.59 out to 63.6.

Seems a heck of a jump to me

• Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 4:12 PM

Haven't figured out yet how some of these Pro's stay pro when their avg. is a 65 and has a L 83  .Ive played with a lot of pros that have better equip. than me . Should'nt they be limited to the clubs they can get untill they change tiers.  A master cant compete with a pro when they are allowed to keep increasing their L rating and buying the same equip. as a master.A master loses 20-30 yds off the tee box playing against a pro and the pro has a 65,66,67 rating. I thought a pro changed tiers st 69-70.

• mgr1969
    1 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 4:22 PM

I just made tour pro when my average dropped down below 72.  I think that's the cut off to advance.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 7:06 PM

The reality of this game is we get rewarded for playing more. If you want to compete with guys that have better toys, you'll need to either get a lot better or level up so you can buy toys that make this game easier...both required investing a lot more time.  

The reason averages jump is because a player entered a new tier where everything resets.  The reason a player has a low scoring average and has not move to a lower tier is because they have not played enough qualifying rounds.  

Joey

PS: My advice is to quit now before you get hooked.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 8:58 PM

AliMartin:

Just out of interest - how are the averages worked out?

A tour master we play with has suddenly gone back up from 61.59 out to 63.6.

Seems a heck of a jump to me

They are worked out like regular averages, but they cannot go up, only down. 

The only way that they can go up is if a player gets promoted to a new tier, in that case his average will have to start over. 

Also, there is a required minimum rounds that must be played in order to be promoted. That is why some players can have a average low enough to be promoted, yet they stay the same tier. 

RSS