Forums

Help › Forums

Legend

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 2 2012 5:33 AM (8 replies)
  • tgames64
    67 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 4:48 AM

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct place but I have a question about tiers.

I am now a tour master and was wondering when WGT moves you to the next level, legend. Are there certain requirements to be met with average, low score in a round, or what?

I don't want to purchase more balls or equipment and then they make me legend and I have to re-equip to be competitive at that level.

Thanks

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 5:36 AM

You need an avg below 61 & enough ranked rounds as tm 50 i think it is ! Then you will make legend it takes ages but you will get there in the end . Hope that helps.  Smokey.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 5:36 AM

Your average needs to be 61 or less. Keep shooting 30's or less on 9 holes and you will soon get there. You also need about 50 ranked games at  those scores at TM I believe.

Mel

• dewsie
    67 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 5:39 AM

Your tier is okay but you need to get your stroke average down to less than 61 so you are nearly there. Keep posting 31 or less for nine holes and you will reduce your stroke average by .4 for every stroke stroke at 31 or under

Hope this helps

• crgade
    490 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 1:16 PM

actually he/she would need 30's not 31's to get the average to 61 once you are under 62 a round of 30 will drop your average about .08 of a stroke

gl and its not to bad makes the game fun longer tees FASTER greens bigger breaks but if you are close to top equipment now you may not need upgrade just practice to learn the new approach distances i.e 145 yrds as opposed to 120 yrds and the faster greens are not to bad either as to the breaks well shoot me I hate them but hey thats me just got to get back to practicing

new legend

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 6:14 AM

crgade:

actually he/she would need 30's not 31's to get the average to 61

Not necessarily. If the 31 knocks a worse score out of the top 50 the average will drop. In fact, any score could drop your average so long as it knocks out a worse one from the top 50.

EDIT: Top 50 scores as a TM, not from all tiers.

• tgames64
    67 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 3:57 PM

Thanks...

That's what I needed to know...

• mgh221
    545 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 7:56 AM

just for the record i shot a 31 myself as my last tourmaster round... take your time man enjoy bein a tourmaster... learn everything you can while your there. i'm here to tell you it gets hard... very hard at legend, the greens play differently, there is little to no forgiveness on shots that aren't ding'd and oh yeah that whole back tee thing. you'll play a 5 iron where you are used to playing a wedge... hope you make it and will tip my hat to you when you do but like i said, don't rush to get there lol.

• tgames64
    67 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 5:33 AM

Thx.... yeah, no rush to get there I guess. I'll just keep doing my thing and when it happens it happens. 

I wish..... that I could score a bunch of 3 over pars for awhile and see if they'll move me back to Tour Pro... now that's where I was having fun. I know, it don't work like that!

RSS